Chapter 12

Preseason started, the manager announcing we had a new signing, Veronica Daniels. Ronnie!? Is this what she meant by she'll see me soon? As soon as I saw her approach the field, I bolted. Running full speed towards her and tackling her to the ground.

"What the hell are you doing here!!"

"Tas I told you I would see you soon" my god she was here. Really here. This season was going to be the best ever. And it was.

Lex and I had a belated 1 year anniversary. It was so special and so sweet. She was my home. I learnt that home didn't have to be a place, but it could be a person. For me it was Lex. No matter where we are, I know I'm safe with her.

By Christmas time, you were playing you best soccer. You have a new look on life, mostly forgetting your troubles. You were once again, excited to spend Christmas and new years with the ones you loved most.

That was until Dom came back. On December 23rd, you, Lexi and Alba went last minute Christmas shopping. Making sure you had everyone ticked off your list. When your trio arrived back at the house, Eli rushed to the door. Sending Alba straight to her room and forcing you and Lex into the lounge room.

"Anastasia, Dom is here." She began calmly. Holding your hand. "He is outside with Jaume. They are talking. Nothing is going to happen tonight, he just wants to talk to you. After the Christmas break will we deal with everything. For now, just listen to what he has to say. You don't have to accept his apology but just listen."

Soon Jaume and Dom walked in. Alexia held my hand tightly, Eli with her arm around my shoulder. Jaume sat on the couch while Dom stayed standing. Words were spoken. You're not really sure what was said because you felt like your whole world had been ripped apart. Again. This keeps happening, Everytime you're happy and things are going well, the universe ruins it.

Eli and Lex could tell you were starting to panic. Holding you even tighter until Dom stopped talking. You stood up, on autopilot, and walked out the front door. Not saying anything to anyone, just walking away.

As Alexia went to stand and go after you, Eli stopped her.

"Let me amor".

You didn't hear anything. You couldn't. Your vision was blurry as you broke down on the front lawn. Loving arms wrapped around you pulling you into her chest. The loving feeling of a mother.

"I don't want to leave. Why does this keep happening?" Eli looked at you slightly confused. "Every time life is going well, I am happy, something happens. First my family died, then after finally settling in Dom leaves, and now? Now I'm so incredibly happy and Dom comes back to ruin it all. I don't want to leave. Please don't make me leave"

Eli was slightly taken aback but your confusion. She knew you had your demons, but never to this extent. She wrapped her arms around you tighter. The sound of her heart beating relaxed you. You were scared of what the future held. Eli took you inside, forcing you to have a warm showering and giving her permission for rule number 2 to be broken yet again.

After your shower you made your way to Lexs room. Getting straight under the covers and crying. You heard the front door close, then alexia's footsteps coming up the stairs. She made her way straight over to you. Pulling you into her arms and holding you.

"Let it out Bonita. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. Shhh"

You cried until you couldn't cry anymore. Falling asleep in your favourite spot. With your favourite person. Your home.

The next few days were super busy. Christmas came and went, then it was time to start preparing for the New Years party. Much like last year it would be held at the training grounds. Expect this year, you wouldn't get punch in the face by your brother.

Alexia, Ronnie, Jenni and you made your way to the grounds together. Stopping at the park because you and Ronnie wanted to go on the big slide. Lots of laughs and photos were taken before heading back to the car.

You loved having a proper phone and being able to capture the best moments, being able to fondly look back at them and remember all the laughs that were shared.

This time, the New Year's party went to plan. Playing games with your friends, dancing and singing the karaoke, having way too much food and sharing a kiss with your girl for the second New Years in a row. You were definitely too young to get married but Lex was the girl you wanted for the rest of your life. You couldn't imagine loving someone as much as you love her.