Chapter 7

Dom?

I stared at him from the bottom of the stairs. Where the fuck had he been?

"Hey Stia" he said as he held his arms out for a hug.

What the fuck. I hugged him but something was different. He was skinnier, something was different about him. His glassy eyes searched mine.

"You'll stay here tonight and then tomorrow after camp, we will drop you back off." Jaume broke the weird tension. We said our goodbyes and as I headed back upstairs to Alexia's room I could hear her parents talking.

"Jaume I don't think it's a good idea to send Anastasia back with him. Did you see his arms? His eyes? They were blood shot. He can't just disappear for a week without saying anything and then come back. It's not healthy for Anastasia or for him."

I didn't stay to hear the rest. I couldn't. I need to see Alexia. To talk to her. She calmed me. She was sitting on the floor at the end of her bed when I walked in. Sitting down next to her, with my knees to my chest and head on her shoulders, I let it out. The anger, the sadness, how scared I was, how this house was the closest to a home I've had in years.

Alexia held me. Listened to me. Whispered sweet reassurances in my ear, leaving soft kisses on my temple. Alba joined us. Her head on my shoulder, holding each other's hands. They both made me feel loved and safe.

The following night I was back at the house with Dom. He was being weird. He wasn't the same anymore, he was saying mean things and being aggressive. Slamming cupboard doors, smashing the plates into the sink. Something was off.

The rest of the summer went by fast. Alexia asked me to be her girlfriend on July 17th 2011. I said yes. Obviously. Would be stupid to say no to her. We were both offered a contract with FC Barcelona. Alexia's was focused on the A team, mine was the B team with the potential to play in the A team. Every Friday, Dom and I would have dinner with alexia and her parents. Dom started coming less and eventually stopped coming.

I knew what had changed about him. I found the needles and the baggies but I couldn't tell anyone. Especially not Alexia because then she would tell her parents and that would be the end. The end of my relationship with Alexia. That was the last thing I wanted. I loved her. I loved her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Smaller chapter but the next chapter is going to have mentions of drugs and violence and neglect.

Sorry if the updates are coming at weird times. I live in Australia

Unbreakable Bonds जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें