Chapter 15

Short chapter. Sorry been hella busy this week. Will be pushing out 5 or so chapters in the next 3 days. Let me know if there anything you want to see in the next few chapters. (In the timeline it's the end of the 2014/2015 season)
———————————————————————————

The season hadn't been a good one. You were riddled with injuries. A week before the season started, you broke your ankle in training. That was 7 weeks on the sideline. Watching your team continue on without you. Watching your girlfriend continue on without you. The second game you played for the season, you collided with a goalies elbow, breaking your collarbone. Another 8 weeks on the sideline.

You started to retreat. Hating life and everything that comes with it. Picking a fight with anyone that you could. Alexia, Eli, Alba, Ronnie. No one was safe. Everyone knew you were on edge, not yourself but you refused help.

Never in your life had you felt this depressed for no reason. The thought of ending it all was there, but you couldn't do that to Lex. The negative feelings that you felt about alexia were quite obvious, she knew it wasn't real, just because you were injured and she wasn't. It bothered her though. It bothered you too.

After a particularly bad fight with Lex you retreated to your room. Refusing to answer the door, talk or come out for any food. Even going as far to move the dresser across so they couldn't get in. It worked for a few more days, until Lex climbed through you window at 2am, making a loud crashing noise that scared the shit out of you.

"What the fuck are you doing Alexia"

"Oh good you're alive. Just wanted to come hang out" she looked me you like you were an alien, as if she didn't just climb through your bedroom window in the middle of the night.

She just sat there. Staring into you soul. Slightly uncomfortable you went to roll over and continue your sleep. That didn't happen though. Alexia ripped your pillows and blankets off the bed.

"STOP. I'm trying to sleep" you screamed at her. Not caring that it was 2am anymore. Not caring who would hear.

"I don't care Ana. You're not going back to sleep until you talk to me. I will sit here on this comfy pile of YOUR bedding until you open that pretty little mouth and talk. I don't care how long it takes but I'm sick of this. You keep being a bitch to everyone. You refuse to talk or eat, or do anything other than rot in this fucking bed. I'm sick of it. Everyone is sick of it. So I will sit here until you talk"

You were slightly taken aback with what Lex just said, you just stared at her. Opening and closing your mouth, not really sure where to start or what to say. You threw yourself against your mattress, sighing loudly. Alecia just sat there. Staring at you. After 45 minutes, you crumbled under her intense gaze.

Once the tears started, you couldn't stop them. You told Lex everything. How you were angry at the world, angry at Dom. At your parents, how you hated that everyone else was playing and training and you didn't get to do that. Lex held you until you stopped crying. After you were finished, she picked you up and carried you into the bathroom, stripping your clothes off and starting the shower. She left for a few minutes, but returned with towels and clothes.

Alexia took care of you that night. And the many nights following. The rules had changed. Her mum didn't care for them anymore. The sex rule still applied but that didn't bother you at all. You were able to play the last few weeks of the season. Finally like you were getting back to your old self.

With the World Cup just around the corner and your 18th birthday, it was a busy time. There was barely any time between the end of the season with Barca and going to camp. 1 week was all you had with Lex and you wanted to make it count. The team were going away together to Ibiza, yet again, but you decided to take Lex to the Maldives. 7 days of peaceful bliss with your girlfriend is exactly what you wanted.

Alexia would also be making the journey to Canada to play. but you wouldn't get to see her. This part of professional soccer sucked. You'd watch her games with Ronnie but you wouldn't be able to be there in person and support her. You wished you could, but it wasn't allowed. You'd be lucky to see her for a couple hours in your off days. Carefully sneaky around as it has been made very clear that spending time with other teams was extremely frowned upon.