Chapter 47

Paris was one of my favourite cities. It was romantic and beautiful. It held great memories for me and alexia. We were only here for two nights, the night before the game and the night after. We go back to Barcelona, do our recovery season and prepare for the midweek game.

For J, this game was personal. To show PSG what they lost, to show she was on form. I was slightly terrified. It would be a hard game, PSG were in top form and definitely a force to be reckoned with. Lluis had faith in us.

As we lined up in the tunnel, the energy was electric. Alexia was at the front of the line, Panos behind her. I stuck to the back, between J and Ronnie. Somehow, their chaotic nature calmed me down. It would be something I will miss when they go.

It took a few minutes for the game to get into the swing off things. By the 13th minute Jenni scored, from a beautiful cross from Aitana. We felt on fire. This was it.

It all came crashing down in the 22nd minute when PSG scored off a corner. It wasn't anyone's fault, not really, but alexia was betting herself up because she was closest to her.

"Get out of your head Lex. There's 70 minutes to go." I tell her as I run past to get into position. Regardless of the score, tonight would be spent watching back the game and listening to alexia ramble about the mistakes she made.

By half time it was still 1-1. There were chances for both teams to extended to lead, but they didn't come. The game ended 1-1. Alexia was pissed, not at the team, at herself. Lluis gave a speech in the locker room. Reminding us that there was a second leg, at home, and that's where we would finish this.

The bus ride back to the hotel was uncomfortable. Alexia sat with her headphones on, clenching her fists so hard she was sure to leave marks. J and Ronnie were watching. There wasn't much I could do right now, so I took her hand closest to mine and held it. She visibly relaxed but not a huge amount.

As soon as we got off the bus, Lex was gone. Straight up into her room to rewatch the game.

"Can you get my phone charger for me please?" Jenni asked me with puppy dog eyes, "she'll yell at me if I go in there."

I rolled my eyes and agreed. It's probably better that no one goes near her at the moment.

"Everyone needs to be downstairs in an hour. We have a team dinner." Lluis looks at me, "everyone" reiterating the fact that I have to be the one to get alexia downstairs.

J, Ronnie and I went upstairs, them awkwardly hanging around as I went in and got her phone charger. Alexia was already rewatching the game with her notebook next to her, I doubt she even noticed me.

"You have 30 minutes until we need to get ready. We have dinner in an hour." A grunt is all I received as a response. At this point, I was used to it. Was it annoying? Yes, but it was something Alexia needed to do. Had we lost it would've been a lot worse. I would've preferred to stay with J and Ronnie.

After half an hour I got up. "Alexia." No response. "Alexia Putellas Segura! Enough. We need to get ready."

"No amor. I need to finish this game then I will."

"That's enough for now. You can watch it after." I took the pen from her hand, then her notebook and finally her laptop. "We need to have a shower. Now. Together."

I pulled her out of her chair and made her follow me. The shower and orgasm is exactly what she needed to relax. The reruns of the game could wait, but unfortunately team dinner could not.

As we made our way to the lobby, hand in hand, the team turned around, wide eyed. The presence of their captain, on time, in the lobby shocked them. They all definitely thought she'd put up more of a fight but I have my ways. Secretly agreeing to let her watch the game as many times as she wanted, without stopping her. But they didn't need to know that.