Chapter 27

Since the Olympics were cancelled, most the girls would be around during the off season. I thought this would be the perfect time to host a pool party. Music, drinks, food, swimming, friends? This is exactly what we all needed.

Barca fem
Ana: pool party at the house tomorrow. Come at 11am. BYO!!

Lexi ❣️: no
Ron Swanson 🧔🏽‍♀️: um what?

Dora: hell yeah
Ingrid: we will be there!!
Martha: yes yes yes

Everyone agreed expect for Ronnie and Lex. That didn't matter to me, I was throwing this party with or without their permission. I needed this, everyone needed this. Arriving back at the house after going to the supermarket and bottle shop to stock up, I was greeted with Ron and Lex, staring at me with their arms crossed, frowns etched on their faces.

"Hi baby. There's stuff in the car if you guys can please grab it! Thanks" I was delaying this conversation for as long as possible. Slowly they bought everything in and I unpacked it. Starting to set up the drinks area and the snacks area so I wouldn't be so stressed tomorrow.

"So a pool party huh? Didn't want to ask me and Ale?"

"Oops?"

"Tia come on." Ronnie groans. "Why didn't you ask first? Neither of us want this. We could've done it a different day or gone to the beach or something else."

"No. We are doing it here. We are going to have fun with our friends. I don't care if you sit on the couch all day and mope. The girls are coming, we are going to dance, and drink and swim. Join us or don't. I don't care. Jenni and I can have fun without you two." My turn to be annoyed. I just wanted to have fun and to take the edge off. I gathered my wallet, sunglasses and keys, ready to leave and get Jenni from the airport.

"Wait! Jenni is coming?"

"Yes Veronica. If you listened to me instead of shooting the idea down you would know that she is coming. Now if you'll excuse me I have places to be."

I walked out the door. Ignoring them both calling my name. They wanted to throw a tantrum over this so who was I to stop them. After picking J up from the airport, we went out for dinner. Usually we don't go for dinner, it's coffee or just a walk. It was weird but in a good way. I explained what happened when I got home, both deciding to post on instagram stories that we were together, then we decided to take the longest time possible to get home. Stopping at an ice cream truck and then walking alone the beach, ignoring the calls from both our girlfriends. Both Lex and Ronnie were waiting in the loungeroom when we got home. Barely a greeting was had before Ronnie ripped J upstairs. That was the last we saw of them that night.

Lex was mad. It was kind of fun seeing her mad. The sex was so incredibly hot when she was. She wanted to make sure I remembered I was hers. No one else's. Feeling her leave marks on my neck and chest was so incredibly hot. Just thinking about it made me horny.

The party was in full swing. Mapi had convinced me to do shots the minute she walked in the door. Usually, I don't drink during the season. Mainly because Alexia doesn't but also because I can't be bothered dealing with a hangover. This time though, the season was over and there was no training the next day. Both Lex and I got drunk after the second drink. It made Lex a lot more handsy. Neither of us cared about PDA in front of the team. They knew we were together considering we'd been together for almost 9 years. What they did know though, was that we didn't publicly announce it. Any photos of us posted also included other people. It was rare for just Lex and I to be in the photo. But after this, it would all change.

Ronnie and J had moved the mirror from the gym out by the pool so everyone could take photos. Bruna and Jana were doing tiktoks in the loungeroom, the others scattered around the outdoor table and pool. It was exactly what everyone needed. A day with their friends, no expectations, just a chance to be their unapologetic selves. By the time everyone left, me, Ronnie, Lex and J were completely gone. I'd be able to text alba to ask her to bring McDonalds and Panadol in the morning.  She quickly agreed after bribing her with maccas brekkie. Not even bothered to look at the photos everyone posted, Lex and I jumped into the shower together. Shower sex wasn't my favourite, but any sex with Lex was. It was messy as we were both drunk but great nonetheless. Shortly after we passed out on the bed.

Being awoken by a screaming Alba is not the way I imagined watching up with a hangover. Her violent pushing is making me want to vomit.

"Alba I'm begging you to please shut the fuck up"

"Please go away." Lex mumbled while pulling another pillow over her face.

"HAVE YOU SEEN THE PHOTOS THAT EVERYONE POSTED YESTERDAY!?" One thing about Alba is that she only has one voice level, loud.

"No we are sleeping now fuck off alba" Lex pulled me back into her, holding my waist tight with her big hands. Slightly worried about what she was talking about, I decided to follow lexs lead and fall back asleep. After what felt like 30 seconds, we were woken up to screams. Both Lex and I ran out of our room and into the lounge room. Mapi, Ingrid, AMC, Alba, Ronnie and J all look horrified, staring at us as we walked in.

"What the hell is going on?" Lex was the first to break the silence.

"We are so so sorry. We didn't realise. None of us did. Please we are sorry!" Mapi started rambling.

"I feel like we are missing something? Why are you sorry? What happened?" At this point Lex and I were very confused. Lex was getting slightly pissed off from the lack of answer. Instead of replying, AMC handed her phone to us. Nothing stood out until we read the comments. Our private relationship was now out in the open. At first, we could've denied it was me with Lex, none really showing my face or anything specific to me. Until the last photo. It was a photo of Patri with Claudia on her shoulders in the pool, in the background, clear as day, is me and alexia making out, her hands on my ass and all my tattoos very much on display.

"Oh no. No no no no. Fuck this can't be happening!" I was panicking. I wasn't ashamed of my relationship or my sexuality. Not at all. From a very young age everyone knew everything about me and my family. They knew most the details surrounding the death if my family. For a long time everyone has tried to know all the finer details about my life. I didn't want that. Lex and I both agreed to keep things private. The fans could be incredibly overwhelming sometimes.

Tears spilled out of my eyes as my heart raced. Lex noticed and pulled me away from the others so she could calm me down.

"Bebe, we will deal with this ok. We don't have to post anything or say anything. The girls will all have our backs. J and Veronica will stay by our sides so no one can do anything. I will stay by your side forever."

"I can't Lex. This can't happen. Please I don't want this" panic restarted in me again.

"Hey hey, calm down. This is what we are going to do, we will hire someone to deal with our social media's, we will ensure that no one asks about our private lives, and we will just keep doing what we have been doing. I will take care of it. Amor, you don't need to worry about anything. Let me take care of it."

After calming me down, helping me shower and get redressed, Lex put me back into bed. Holding me until she knew I was asleep and then she made her way out to the other girls, who were spread through the lounge room and dining room.

"Is she ok?" Mapi was the first to ask, the others all murmuring too.

"She just needs some time. Neither of us wanted to announce it like this or really at all. We agreed to keep it private because we didn't want the intrusive questions. It's just one thing less she can't control or feel like she can keep safe."

"We are really sorry! None of us realised and we wish we could fix it." Ronnie felt horrible

"No it's ok really. It wasn't done with malice or anything. Just give her some time ok, she's not mad. I'm not mad, everything is fine."

Fine is definitely not how I felt. Things so slipped further and further out of my control.