Driving to save Sun

Monty was driving as fast as he could without getting oulled over. Moon was checking his phone. "Sun's location turned off, they found out. Rowan, how much longer?!" Rowan looked at the drive time. "About 4 more hours..." Moon looked in the backseat. "FOUR HOURS?!?" Rowan and Monty seemed just as tense as Moon, but they knew their fear could never match Moon's.

"Rowan, you don't understand because you don't have siblings, but growing up with Sun taught me a thing or two. Sun CAN NOT and WILL NOT defend himself, especially against his own family." Moon looked back out at the street. They both then heard Moon burst into tears. Rowan put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, Moon, I promise, we'll get your brother back. Sun... means a lot to me, too. Sun was raised well. Even if he does have a lot of problems, he's an amazing man."

Moon took a few deep breaths. "Rowan, you know more to Sun than I think. Did you see him on the way out? What was he doing last?" Rowan was trying to think. "Well, I remember seeing him walk by the place where I work in the Pizza Plex because he normally says bye. He was listening to music, so he waved goodbye to me, and that's all I can really say." Moon nodded. "You better keep your promise to that ring you gave him."

Rowan nodded and looked at his own hand. The matching ring was there. He knew it was only a promise ring, but a promise is a promise. Monty then spoke up. "Mind if I make a turn here real quick? You don't know this Moon, but I've lived in this part of town when I was a boy." Moon told Monty, "If it means we get there quicker, yes." Monty chuckled and put his shades down. "Let's rock and roll." He then drove right off the road.

"WOAH WOAH HEY WHAT THE FUCK?!?" Monty then floored it through the woods. Rowan and Moon made sure to put their belts on tight. They were using Monty's Jeep, which made this easier since Rowan owned a smaller car, and Moon can't drive. Eventually they went off a little hill and landed on a path. Monty continued to floor it, going over dirt mounds and breaking trees. "LET'S FUCKING GO!! I HAVEN'T DONE THIS SHIT IN YEARS!!"

Moon noticed how much control Monty had in the situation. Rowan was still scared of Monty's driving in the back, but Moon seemed to ease up a bit. "How much longer now Rowan?!" Rowan looked at the phone. "If Monty keeps driving like this and we stay on this path, we might make it in 2 ish hours!" Monty, if possible, started to drive quicker. "MONTY IF YOU CRASH WE'RE DEAD!!" Moon shouted. "I RATHER DIE THAN LET YOUR BROTHER DIE!!"

Moon noticed tears in Monty's eyes. "Look, when Sun introduced me to you, I was not in a good place. Him making you talk to me made life so much better. If I didn't repay him somehow, I'd probably kill myself." Moon stared at Monty, not knowing the pain he was in before their meeting. Moon sat back in his seat and realized just how joyful Sun makes everyone's life. Sun earned his name. He's a bright star.

Moon sniffles back his tears. "Let's go save my brother." Monty continued to drive throught the forest, going over mounds and bumps, running over trees. Half an hour goes by, then another half hour. Monty makes a sharp turn to the left and goes off the path. Now he's going through a big clearing in the woods. "One more hour then we should be there!" Rowan shouted. Monty gripped the wheel and sped up even more. They were reaching ungodly high speeds.

Moon's heart was beating hard. He trusted Monty with this. After 45 minutes in the clearing they went back into the woods. There was no path. When the last 15 minutes were over, Monty shouted, "HOLD ON!!" They went over a massive mound, which flung them into the air. "I SUGGEST WE JUMP OUT!!" Moon looked at Monty. "ARE YOU INSANE?!?" Monty shouted in reply, "YES!! NOW, JUMP!!"

Monty, Moon, and Rowan then jumped out of the car. They landed in a small lake area. They all splashed into the water while Monty's jeep crashed into the concrete and was completely totaled, scraps flying everywhere. Moon finally broke through the water, gasping for air. Monty and Rowan also came through the water, coughing and gasping for air. Moon looked around. They were probably the worst part of the state.

Monty started to swim out of the water. Moon and Rowan followed. Rowan swam faster than both of them. Once they were out. Moon was coughing up some water he had swallowed. Monty got up. "Shit, my sunglasses fell off in the car. Whatever, that doesn't matter." Moon went over to Monty and put a pair the exact same as Monty's on his face. "Sun gave them to me to have me match you. Take them, and let's go."

Rowan checked his phone, which luckily was waterproof. "The warehouse should be around here somewhere." Monty pulled a pistol out of his pocket. "How did that not fall out of your pocket?" Moon asked. Monty smiled. "I have my ways, and a gun license. Let's get going."