Chapter 25

Damn Idol Episode 25

* * *

Chris Edwards always thought of himself as a lucky person.

That's how life has been so far.

Opportunities came to me even when I didn't really want them, and if I grabbed that opportunity, something good happened.

It was luck that he, who thought he would live in Denmark for the rest of his life, ended up going to England to study, and it was also luck that his roommate was a guitarist in a fairly famous band.

To go back a little further, I was lucky to have learned piano from my grandfather, who was a children's song composer.

Those fortunes gradually came together and I became a composer.

His roommate's band sang a song he made to seduce women, which made him popular and caught the attention of a promoter.

Needless to say, after arriving in the U.S., we achieved success on Billboard.

However, I felt like nothing was working these days.

The song he worked so hard to create was not good enough, and the promotion of his new song was completely ruined due to political issues in the United States that had nothing to do with him.

After achieving success, my personal and business relationships began to fray, and troublesome things kept happening.

Until now, in situations like this, something always happened and my life started to relax... ... .

I guess not this time.

"Alex, I need to take a vacation."

"Again? You went there not too long ago, right?"

"Not a fake vacation that sticks to schedule. A real vacation."

The manager shrugged and turned the laptop screen he was looking at towards Chris.

"Check this out before going to the airline's website."

"What?"

"This came from a Korean broadcasting station. Is this the song you composed? This is my first time hearing it."

"Korea?"

Chris Edwards had a pretty good image of Korea.

I was captivated by the eloquence of a Korean director I met by chance at an awards ceremony, and impulsively accepted the position of film music director, which was a huge hit.

'I was lucky.'

Especially considering that it was an awards ceremony that I couldn't attend due to my original schedule.

"What song is it? Movie music?"

"no. Kpop."

"K-pop?"

As Chris Edwards tilted his head, the manager played the video.

Korean girls are singing on the laptop screen... ... .

It's the first song I've ever heard.

"This is the song I composed?"

"I heard that's true?"

"What nonsense. I have this code progression... ... ."

But Chris paused without finishing his sentence.

The song of vague quality that plays on the laptop was not created by him.

But I feel like I've heard it before somewhere.