Chapter 33

Damn Idol Episode 33

Album 4. Reminiscence

When the title of Weed's song <At the End of Dawn> was revealed, people's reactions were mixed.

It seemed like quite a few people didn't know this song, but those who did were very happy to hear it.

Actually, city pop was a genre like in Korea.

It was a genre that had little recognition before the 2010s, but gained a fierce fan base in the mid-to-late 2010s.

In fact, city pop had vague technical characteristics that could be clearly distinguished, so what some people called city pop became AOR or fusion jazz for others.

In other words, what was important in city pop was emotional rather than technical distinction.

A faint, faded feeling in the midst of a brilliantly shining city.

What was important was how well you could express this.

Meanwhile, the song began after a long prelude typical of old songs.

Come and sit in the early morning

Shining light, just the two of us

Turned off neon sign - down

Broken lights, closed streets

The one who started the song was Han Si-on of 3 months & 100 Days.

There was no finesse.

He sang calmly and threw out important notes.

It was refreshing and good to hear.

But on the other hand, it seemed to be just that.

It didn't feel anything special.

With the dimly shining moon

At the sound of shoes opening the morning

The streetlights turned off, the sound of the engine starting,

A house with a closed door at the entrance of an alley

The words 'Take Scene-Fade' appeared on the cafe monitor. The song heard had a more sophisticated feel than Han Sion's.

He knew how to use more technique, and the way he processed the sound was closer to R&B.

The parts sung by the two were part of the Daegu, so a direct comparison was possible, and it was felt that Fade sang the parts that Han Si-ion threw out with a lot of force.

Is it because it is city pop where emotions are important, or is it because of the unique melody used in old songs?

This song had fewer parts crossing over than the previous song.

When Han Sion completely finished a verse, Fade sang the next verse completely.

That's how we arrived at the refrain.

I - Standing holding on to the end of the wall

you and me alone

At this moment when the lights go out

Ordinary people who have not studied singing often set their own standards for whether they are good at singing or not.

If they use a singing method and sound that they can't do, they evaluate it as difficult, and if they use a singing method and sound that they can do, they evaluate it as easy.

Because of this, people secretly thought that Fade sang better.

However, for some reason, as the chorus started, people's bodies began to slowly lean to the left.