Chapter 87

Damn Idol Episode 87

* * *

Underground or independent.

These words were often used to refer to non-mainstream musicians.

Those who do not appear on TV and make independent music.

Those who pursue self-made products without any agency planning.

However, even in this non-mainstream world, the actual indie scene was where the mainstream and the non-mainstream were divided.

Bands that have thousands of followers on social media and can attract 400 to 500 people to a solo performance are also indie musicians.

Even if 10 teams come together and perform a joint performance, bands that do not attract 10 audiences (excluding acquaintances) are also indie musicians.

Anyone who did not appear in the mass media was classified as an indie musician.

That's why funny words like "under" or "indie" are often used.

The performance held today at 6 PM at a small performance hall called <Brown Basic> in Hapjeong was exactly like this.

A joint performance by indie musicians from the indie scene.

Six host teams shared the rental fee, and one guest team was recruited through personal connections.

Even though they were guests, it wasn't anything special.

They invited <Zero Sugar>, who had some recognition in the Hongdae band scene.

So, the poster for this performance had the phrase <Special Guest: ??> written on it.

If Zero Sugar was a really famous team, their name would have been put on big screen.

Someone is coming as a special guest, so they're begging people to come to the concert.

However, if there is not that level of awareness among guests, hosts usually choose random box marketing.

They won't tell you who's coming, but there's a special guest.

If you're interested, come and see it.

When curiosity is stimulated in this way, people often appear to buy tickets.

It also had the effect of making the audience watch the performance until the end.

Even if the hosts' performances are a bit boring, they're curious about who the special guests are.

So, a situation like this was also possible.

"Hyung, can't you come today?"

-yeah. I'm really sorry. But instead, people who are much more famous than us decided to go as guests? The performance time will be the same.

"Who is it?"

-They asked me to keep it a secret. They want to make a surprise.

Yoo Chang-seop, who recruited Zero Sugar through connections who were in the same band in high school, curled his lips.

Not because it's fun, but because it's ridiculous.

If there was a surprise because of their appearance, people need to recognize it at first sight or recognize it as soon as they hear the music.

But there is no reason for such people to come as Zero Sugar's spare parts.

This is a performance that they were invited to through connections without any payment.