Chapter 53

Damn Idol Episode 53

To put it in one word, the stage of take scene was appropriate.

They sang Maroon 5's song <Sugar> in their own way. While the original song had a cheerful pop band feel, take scene mixed it with hard rock.

However, that does not mean that it was arranged in a completely hard rock style.

The drum texture and guitar riffs were reminiscent of hard rock, but did not significantly change the original song.

Even though the verse was changed to Korean, the feeling of the vocal line was almost similar to the original song.

Even when some audience members hummed and sang along to the lyrics of the original song, it didn't feel out of place.

To evaluate it positively, it raised the tension without damaging the identity of the original song.

If we were to evaluate it negatively, it would be carried along by the power of the original song.

Of course... ... .

-Waaaa!

-Wow!

Most of the audience members evaluated this stage positively.

It was originally a song self-produced by aspiring idols.

This was so great that it exceeded expectations, and was excellent even in absolute terms.

Perhaps that's why, when take scene did the group dance in the chorus, people were singing along.

-YOUR SUGAR!

-YES, PLEASE!

In fact, Maroon 5's Sugar was a cheat-like song selection only in Korea.

This is a song that ranked 5th on Korea's 2015 annual chart.

Before <Sugar>, a pop song had never made it into the top 10 of Korea's annual charts.

Take scene stage was reaching its peak.

The finale was Juyeon, who filled the chorus with his singing ability after the arrangement was removed and the song returned to the original song.

Puff!

With the Juyeon's refrain, pollen explodes, and Take Scene members begin to run wild on stage without any choreography.

In reality, it was all a calculated move, but to those watching, it looked like the participants were having a lot of fun.

Thanks to this, the moment the stage ended, huge cheers erupted.

To the extent that even those who came to the audience because of Han Si-on's <Under the Street Light>, remembered the name Take Scene.

Some audience members were even making a curtain call.

-It was a really cool stage!

While Blue came up to the stage and calmed down the room.

The two most disparate people in today's audience looked at each other.

It was Chris Edwards and his manager Alex.

The two people who were sitting alone on the second floor terrace, which was not scheduled to be open, opened their mouths when the room calmed down.

"Eddie, how did you hear that?"

"It's okay? The friend who sang the last chorus is quite talented."

"Excluding the performance, how would you evaluate the arrangement of the song?"