Chapter 50

Damn Idol Episode 50

* * *

Average viewer rating 1.1%.

The average viewership rating in the metropolitan area is 1.3%.

Highest viewership per minute: 1.9%.

<Coming Up Next> Episode 1 score.

Some people may tilt their heads when they see records that are in the 1% range, but in fact, this was a very encouraging record.

M Show has never achieved great results in self-produced entertainment, and Coming Up Next has a weakness in that it is an in-house survival of a specific entertainment.

Therefore, M Show's entertainment director set the target viewership rating for Coming Up Next at 1.9%.

Of course, I told PD Kang Seok-woo to get at least 2.5%, but deep down, I thought he could get a pat on the shoulder if it got more than 1.5%.

However, in the metropolitan area, it was 1.3%.

It was a very satisfying start.

Of course, there are those who say that the first broadcast is the high point and that it will gradually decline.

Representative examples include MBS, KBN, and SBN.

But would a public broadcaster, the mainstay of the broadcasting industry, pour out harsh criticism over trivial matters?

Coming Up Next being criticized means being checked.

Being checked means there is a possibility.

Because.

'Isn't the direction of the buzz unusual?'

'Why is this clip's view count so high?'

This was because the buzz related to Coming Up Next did not feel like it flared up all at once and then died out like in PC.

Rather, there is a feeling of a virtuous cycle.

People who enjoyed the program create related content, and those who watched such content visit the program.

Programs and Content.

The fact that interest continues to circulate, which would end even if only one of the two is poor, is proof that this is not an issue that will cool down any time soon.

And at the center... ... .

"Wow, This works!"

"What year is this song from?"

There was a song called <Under the Streetlight> sung by Han Sion and released by Coming Up Next.

*      *      *

On the first day of release, Han Sion's <Under the Streetlight> ranked 89th on the Top 100 chart.

It was a good enough result.

Because Han Si-on does not have a reasonable fandom, and Coming Up Next is not an audition that garners national attention.

Being in the top 100 means that you have been chosen by numerous stores that play <Chart Top 100> infinitely in their stores.

This is very important.

It's not for nothing that the difference in copyright revenue between the 100th and 101st places on the music charts is enormous.

Nevertheless, PD Kang Seok-woo felt disappointed and decided to watch for now.

But the next day.

"Hmm?"