FTNCT |Chapter 12|

Dedicated to Hena_S. I told you I would update, didn't I?

------------------------------------------------

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." ~Khalil Gibran

I lay in bed starting at my new room. The paint had dried yesterday so my parents had moved in my furniture today. Of course Scarlett had instructed us already where everything belonged and she swore to move every piece of furniture if we didn't place it correctly. I had placed my bed in the middle with a net surrounding it. Galaxy sheets were spread on it. I had white bean bags in the corner as well as a white bookshelf. The furniture complimented the walls.

My walls were splattered with crème, light pink, baby blue, and it faded into darker shades of blue as it went higher. The last color was the deepest blue almost as deep as the oceans in the pacific coast. Constellations lined the rest of the walls. The most prominent ones were the twelve zodiac stars. Capricorn, Leo, they were all there. A little bit more hidden were other stars like the northern star shining brightly. I love my room and I seemed ever minute I spent in it made me like it more.

Sadly, I had to get up to go to school. I dressed up and rushed out of my house. I had to walk today since my mother had to go to work a bit earlier. The frigid wind hit me as soon as I stepped outside. I snuggled deeper into my neck scarf hoping it would keep my warm. To my utter surprise as I was walking down the sidewalk I saw a familiar figure ahead of me. It was Dillon.

I ran up to him and called out "Hey."

He looked just as surprised to see me as he greeted me back with a rare smile. "Hey neighbor, what's up?"

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled my strap of my bag back on my shoulders as it had started falling down. "Nothing much, just walking to school. I thought you had a car, why are you walking?"

He tried running his hands over his summer blond hair but it seemed that he had forgotten that he had a beanie over his hand. The results were hilarious and I couldn't stop the laugh that came out of my mouth. He glared at me. Yep ladies and gentlemen the old Dillon was back.

"I f*cking brother kicked a soccer ball at my car resulting in my dashboard being broken. It's at the mechanic right now."

I nodded. "I never knew you had a brother."

"Well you don't know much about me, do you?" He retorted.

"Why are you so mean to me?" I asked him, my voice wavering slightly.

He looked a little taken back. "Oh no Spears, don't tell me you're going to start crying on me." His voice was a bit softer now.

Ha. I had tricked him. I laughed again and punched his shoulder, "got you."

He looked really pissed off but it seemed now that he was trying to be extra nice. "So how's practice with Nicholas going?"

I tried to hide the warmness of my face. "It's fine." I grumbled.

"Oh I hear it more than fine."

I was shocked, he couldn't possibly know, could he. The only ones who knew of my deep dark secret were Scarlett, Sophia, Maya and Katie. My two best friends wouldn't tell anyone so it either had to be Maya or Katie.

I tried playing cool, "what are you talking about?" My face looked monotonous but inside I was super scared.

He gave me the look which said 'you and I clearly know what where talking about.' "Nothing Spears. I was just wondering if you have become a better defencemen yet. We are about to have our annual Christmas game and I don't want a blowout lost before the cheerful holidays."