FTNCT |Chapter 2|

"True popularity comes from acts of kindness rather than acts of stupidity." ~Bo Bennet

The rest of my periods were torturously long. I was extremely glad when it was lunch time. I looked around for Scarlett and Sophia but couldn't find them. They were probably late from one for their classes. Scanning around the cafeteria I spotted Maya and Katie. I sighed in relief. Katie was probably the closest person to me after Scar and Sof.

I made my way towards there table and plopped my lunch on the table eager to finally be able to devour my food.

"Hey Alana" they both said in unison.

"Hi" I replied back. I was pretty close to Katie but not so much to Maya. Katie and Maya were best friends kind of like how Sophia Scarlett and I were. We talked about our school day so far and of course, about the night before. Katie looked a little uncomfortable as she kept twirling her golden brown hair.

"Are you alright?" I questioned her.

"Yes, just a little tried." She responded.

After about ten minutes Sophia came and sat down beside me. I turned towards her "It's about time you came." I said quite annoyed.

"Sorry" she said sheepishly while her cheeks turned pink slightly. Wait, Sophia was blushing? It had to be the boy that she danced with yesterday. I would tease her but I wouldn't want Maya and Katie to find out. I was a big tease but I wasn't that cruel. I'm going to plan this carefully with Scarlett I thought. Wait where was Scarlett? I turned to Sophia ignoring her blush and asked "Where is Scarlett?"

"She's playing basketball with the guys." She replied. I rolled my eyes, wherever there were sports there was Scarlett. I should have known.

All of a sudden the cafeteria became eerily quiet. That could only mean one thing, the bugs had entered. I turned to see that I was correct. High almighty Sasha and Natasha strutted into the cafeteria. Now, they weren't actually bugs, but instead a group of two-faced, gossip, mean girls. They could even star in Mean Girls 3! See what I did there. Anyway each of the bugs was a devil in their own way. In addition to that fact, they were all drop-dead gorgeous.

Sasha was the type of girl you wanted to stay out of. She would make low blows to your face but it wouldn't just stop there. Constant snide remarks and public humiliation came with the package. Natasha was like a sly fox, pretending to love you, until she could stab your back. Unlike most stereotypical girls, they were both cunningly smart taking most AP classes.

I could honestly say these girls had made school hell for so many people. That's what pissed me of. School was supposed to be a safe haven from your family life but they made it worse. I can still remember the time when their victim was me. I was only in grade seven and it had hurt be beyond anyone else. If I look back now, I don't care but before it felt like thousands needles piercing through my skin.

Sasha stepped on a table and flipped her russet hair over her shoulders. All of the guy's eyes flew to her emerald green ones. Her smirk became a thin frown as if she had noticed that all the popular guys were not here. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sophia smirking probably thinking how stupid she was.

There were all outside playing sports. At the thought of this fear washed over me. If she had something so important to say she would physically go and say it, disturbing the game Scarlett was playing. My skin paled at that thought.

Sasha and Natasha had often interrupted her games and Scarlett had threated to break their face if they ever did it again. Knowing Scarlett, she was perfectly capable of doing that. After all she took karate for years and she was able to stand her ground with her older brother.