FTNCT |Chapter 13|

"I don't make excuses, I make results." ~unknown

I peeked out from the girl's locker room at the massive field before me. The lines had been sprayed, and the flags had been placed.

"It's massive, isn't it?" Scarlett said appearing behind me.

"Yeah, it's also terrifying." I pointed towards the stands. "Look at the massive amount of people there."

Scarlett put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a hug. "Don't worry, we will be fine."

"Welcome to our Annual Christmas Games. Today we have two teams competing to make their Christmas Day better. Here are our visitor's, the Elias Eagles."

As the announcer uttered those words our team steeped out of their dressing rooms. We ran behind Dillon. The crowd mostly booed but the few family and friends that we had in the stands stood up and cheered. I could see my family in the stands as well.

"And now, please welcome the amazing home team, The Roaring Bangles."

The crowd was thunderous and it shook the stadium. Man was it loud in here. We gathered around Coach Aaron who drilled into our head the most important thing, defense. Both captains of the teams faced each other with the referee in the middle. They spoke a bit and returned to their designated teams.

"We won, what do you guys want?" Dillon asked as he returned.

"First ball, we are going to switch the field anyway after half-time." I said.

Dillon looked at everyone in confirmation. Nobody contradicted me so he took it as his answer.

Coach Aaron called the players that were starting. "Dillon, Scarlett, Nick, Kevin, Shaun..."

My thoughts trailed of. I was not going to be starting. I guess it made sense in a way. I had not played that well in our last game so coach had decided not to go with any risk and put or best players on the field. I sat down on the bench, trying not look to disappointed.

The game started and the players began to run the fields. It was going back and forth and it seemed that the other team had a slight upper hand and I found out I was right when minutes later the other team scored a goal. 1-0. we were losing. Coach Aaron looked more distraught by the minute.

The game started again from the middle. Scarlett Nick and Dillon were passing the ball to each other but the main problem was that their defense was too good. As the defense got the ball, they kicked it past half the field. Their forwards then went for the kill. The last thing I saw was Brandon running forward and other player colliding with him.

I visible winced at the impact as did many others in the crowd. I saw the rest of the team rushing to where Brandon was. I couldn't see anything as there were so many people crowding around.

"Alana" coach started, "figure out what's going on over there."

I nodded and raced to the field. The opposing player seemed fine, only a couple of bruises while Brandon was lying on the grass. There were tears streaming down his face and I was immediately worried. Nobody cried like that until it was extremely serious. Nick and Dillon were kneeling by his said muttering word like 'it's going to be okay.'

I found my way to Scarlett. She looked as shock as I felt. "It's bad isn't it?" I said.

She nodded. A stretcher came onto the field and what seemed liked medics were hauling Brandon away. As soon as he reached the bench he was then taking away by his parents who were going to be taking him to the Hospital.

Coach Aaron was having a word with his parents and when he finished he turned to me. "We are going to need a defender to replace Brandon. He seems severely injured. I have no choice Alana. I am putting you on the field. Make sure that you play your utmost best; for Brandon and most importantly yourself."