FTNCT |Chapter 28|

"You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going." ~Morgan Wooten

It was lunch time as I rushed through the halls trying to make my way towards the library. I need to print out an assignment since my printer had broken down earlier and if my teacher didn't receive it within the next five minutes she would be deducing 10% for something so stupid.

I pushed my way through the crowd the stood in the main foyer and opened the doors to the library. When I entered the librarian immediately kicked me out for 'having my bag.' Sighing and muttering about not having time to do something stupid like that I dropped of my bag and logged onto the computer. It was taking ages and I was ready to curse. When the computer finally opened I quickly opened my email and printed out the document. Standing by the printer impatiently I tapped my foot waiting for the assignment to finish printing.

I glanced at the rest of the library and was surprised to see Katie and Nick in the corner chatting up. As sad smile came onto my face as my heart ached but my mind had come to accept it. Nick was free to be whom he was with and if he liked Katie then I would stand by his side. Zeke's old words came to my mind, how being with Nick had been a wager. He could have either fallen for me or I would have to stand by his side and watch him fall for someone else. Guess that latter happened. I put a brave smile on my face and quickly escaped the library as soon as the document was finished printing. I dropped it off to my teacher and went to the bathroom. It was oddly empty so when I was washing my hands and heard crying I was creeped out.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" My voice echoed through the room.

I continued hearing the crying and my creepy level was officially at a ten. I considered tip toeing out of the bathroom but decided against it. If someone was having a creepy day the least I could do is make their day better than mine. One by one I kicked open the bathroom stalls terrified of what I could find in them. I was finally at the last stall when the crying softened and the person (girl I assumed) started hiccupping. I gently opened the door and almost gasped in surprise.

It was Sasha who's naturally perfectly coiffed hair and makeup was a mess. Her eyes were filled with tears and black mascara and eyeliner lines streaked her face. She looked just as shocked to see me.

"What-" hiccup, "Are you doing here?" She questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was just finishing up with my business when I heard you."

A rueful smile lined her face. "So what are you waiting for now? Go tell the world that you saw me crying and that without makeup I looked like a racoon."

For the first time I felt like I saw Sasha for who she really was: a girl with problems like everybody else. And her tears weren't a sign of her weakness but of her beings strong for too long. Making a quick decision I slid down beside her.

"I would never do something so cruel if you were truly hurt." I said. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly.

She shook her head indicating a no and I sighed but understood. After all we weren't on the friendliest terms and clearly whatever was bothering her was serious.

But after a minute in silence she spoke. "My boyfriend cheated on me."

I winced and I felt her pain. She had to have cared deeply for him in order to be so hurt. Then another thought stuck me. "Why didn't you tell Natasha?"

This time I got a bitter laugh that chilled me to more cores. "Because she was the one he was cheating with. She's probably having a laugh right now with him. It's disgusting because they both know what they did yet they are deciding to play the 'innocent role.' Even more that my boyfriend being a lying piece of s*it what hurts more is Natasha's betrayal."