FTNCT |Chapter 24|

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~Helen Keller

3-2 was the final soccer. As the referee blew the whistle we all ran to the middle of the field and gathered in a group hug. This was the sixth game in a row that we had won and were literally on fire. There was a lot of hugging in a cheering mixed with the stench of sweat. When we had cooled down a bit we all gathered around coach to hear his speech.

"I'm proud of you guys. You all went on the field with solely won goal in mind: winning. You know how they say winning isn't everything?" Well that's what the losers say."

There was collective laughter from our group. "But all jokes aside if you guys continue playing like that we won't only make it to the playoffs but we could actually win the championships."

We all hooted and whistled saying that we would win. "Now go get a shower you'll stink worse than a skunk."

Our group broke apart and Scarlett and I headed towards the girls locker room while the rest of the team went to the left where the boy's locker room was located. Before we could step in a figure blocked our way.

"Wait guys don't go in yet!" Shaun said frantically.

"What is it?" Scarlett asked in a bored tone. "If you can't notice we are dying to get into the shower."

"Just come to the boy's locker room when you girls are done. And remember to knock before you enter."

"What afraid we are going to see something that we won't like?" I teased him.

He turned a little pink. "No I just don't want you innocence being contaminated by what you might see."

I frowned. "Don't worry I'm going to make sure to knock. We don't want to see you boys any more than we have to."

"Can you move out of the way now?" Scarlett interjected.

Shaun looked embarrassed as if he had just only noticed that he was blocking the way for us to enter the room.

"Sorry" he mumbled before heading towards the boy's locker room.

Scarlett and I immediately headed for the showers and I let the warm water wash away all the dirt and grim. Slipping into a pair of black jeans and a peasant top I felt much better. I dried my hair to the best of my ability before waiting for Scarlett to finish changing. When she was done we both exited the girl's locker room.

It seemed that we didn't need to enter the boy's locker room as the whole team was standing outside waiting for us. To my surprise Sophia was also there chatting with Dillon quietly in the corner.

"Wow. I didn't know we were that famous." Scarlett joked.

"I can hand out free autographs," I chimed in.

"As much as we would love that we are not here for that reason." Alex stated.

"Then why are you guys here?"

"We are here to invite you all to Nick's house for a party to celebrate our win."

"Does it take a whole entourage to tell us that?" Scarlett asked.

"Nah, we just didn't want you girls to get lost." Shaun asked.

"If you three remember," I pointed to Dillon, Shaun and Nick. "We know exactly where Nick's house it."

The rest of the team looked curious. So I quenched their curiosity. "We TP all of their houses a couple of weeks back."

"Nearly gave me Mom a heart attack," Nick mumbled.