FTNCT |Chapter 18|

Consider pressing the little star button to make my day:)

--------------------------------

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." ~Rumi

It had nearly been a week since the new semester had started but the work was piling up. My new time table was filled with Biology, Computer Science, Earth and Space Science, and French. By far the subject that I was most struggling with was French. As soon as I would step into the class, I would be lost to whatever Mademoiselle Charlotte was saying. I was truly regretting taking French in the first place when I got back our first quiz and received a 69%. To top it off my class was filled with geniuses on Sophia's level but none of them were as helpful as her.

Computer Science was also a bit troubling memorizing the different parts of computers, how they worked and their functions. Biology was okay expected when we were expected to memorize the different organs of a frog and be tested on it. I barely remembered the human organs! My favourite subject was a study of Earth and Space. It was a grade 12 course but after much begging to my guidance counsellor she had allowed me to take it. It was fascinating as we learned what the world around us was made of.

A loud ping echoed through my room as I glanced and the screen to see who had texted me. To my utter surprise, it was Nick. I had not talked to him after the bowling incident and really wasn't in the mood to talk to him or Katie. It obviously seemed that he didn't get the hint.

Hey –Nick

Hello –Alana

What's up? –Nick

Doing homework, how about you? –Alana

Texting you –Nick

Very funny >.< -Alana

So I was thinking... when do you want to hold our next practice? –Nick

Umm, I'm kinda busy right now. Give me another week to actually get settled in would you? –Alana

Okay cool. Just text me back when you have a date. –Nick

...I didn't mean it like that... -Nick

Yeah I know. J I'll text you later. –Alana

I threw my phone to the side and went to focus back on my French conjugations in imperfect tense. Truth to be told, I didn't really feel like seeing Nick for a while. I needed a break from him and time to realize that he wasn't mine. Katie hadn't sent me a text either and I had not bothered to send her one. She wasn't spending lunches with us anymore either. Scarlett said it was for the best because if she came near her table she would punch her before her but sat down on the chair. I sighed. I wasn't getting much work done. Only two of the verb columns had been filled; I had eight more to go.

Taking a break from my homework I decided to see what the rest of my family was doing. I knocked on Justin's room but he didn't answer. I heard a few swear words coming out and loud noises so I knew he was in there. Carefully, I opened the door to see him sitting in front of the television playing on his ps3.

"Don't you ever have homework?" I asked raising my voice above the sound of gunshots and the online players.

Justin barley gave me a glance. "Nope, I finished it all at school."

"Well do something else instead of sitting in front of a box that will eventually ruin your eyesight." I replied in a matter of fact tone.

"You really don't understand games do you?"