FTNCT |Chapter 26|

*VERY IMPORTANT*

(A/D added a bit in the last chapter. Basically Katie was the one who danced with Nick all those months ago. She was the one with the 'slender frame' and Nick was the one with the 'vivid grey eyes.') Also, consider pressing the little star to make my day;)

"Life is like a roller coaster, live it, be happy, enjoy life." ~Avril Lavigne

"Did I miss anyone's name?" Ms. Taylor questioned while looking at her attendance.

Everyone shook their heads and a couple of people shouted out 'no.' Feeling satisfied she motioned the bus driver to start driving and the yellow bus pulled out from the school. I popped in my headphones making sure the music was extra loud and leaned my head against the window trying not to think about what happened last week. Scarlett was seated beside me with headphones in as well although judging from her face she was listening to rap music. Wincing I urged the music to go louder as Taylor Swifts "You belong with me" came on and I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of the song.

Suddenly I was felt that I was back in time at the scene of the bathroom. Katie and Maya had left and I had finally rushed from the stall. I felt like throwing up what I had ate before but managed to prevent myself from doing so. I washed my tear strained face with cold water but it was no use. The tears kept pouring in. It wasn't just the fact that I had come to terms with the fact the Katie and Nick were a better couple but what dug really deep was Katie's betrayal. I never would have thought that she would utter something like that.

Things did come around full circle because she had been the one to dance with Nick at the Back to School Dance and once again it was extremely ironic. With this much irony we might as well had been in a Shakespeare play. I had left the bathroom rushing to the bus stop and waiting for the bus because if I knew one thing it was that I didn't want my parents to pick me up. One look and they would have known what had happened. So when I did arrive at home I quickly snuck upstairs and poured my heart out to my two best friends who listened to me the entire time.

I clasped Scarlett's fingers and she looked at me with worry echoed on her face. "You okay Ally?"

"No," I tried to smile but my gaze turned to the back of the bus where Maya and Katie were sitting in the same aisle as Nick. "But I will be."

Scarlett followed my gaze. "You know I could just beat that b*itch up?"

I smiled. "But I prefer you not to. Although if I do need someone you'll be the first person I'll call."

"You'll get through the Alana. And Nick is so stupid that he can't see someone as amazing as you that screw him. It's his lost."

My heart expanded with the amount of love I had for my best friend. Scarlett and Sophia had been doing the uttermost to make my day. In fact Sophia had offered sit with us on the same seat as we used to do back in the day but Scarlett had almost fallen of the seat so she had gone to sit with Dillon saying I could holler at her any moment in time as she would be there. Part of my 'therapeutic' requirements was also to enjoy myself which is why even though I really didn't want to go to this field trip, I had forced myself to be brave and have fun. I leaned my head against Scarlett shoulder as my eye lids shut and my eye drifted off to a slumber state.

I felt a soft nudge which was very unusually for whoever woke me up. Usually I would be awoken by a poke, body slap, pillow to the face but this person was waking me up gently. It almost reminded me of the time I had slept in Nick's car. Immediately I jolted up straight to see Scarlett's gaze on mine.