FTNCT |Chapter 16|

"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." ~Mark Twain

I took Nicks advice and I texted Sophia a quick message stating that we needed to talk. I sent the same message to Scarlett and we quickly set up a time and date at the nearest coffee shop. I changed from my school outfit to more comfortable clothes and slipped on my navy coat and a grey knitted scarf that had been a gift from Sophia on Christmas. I sent a text to my Mom letting her know where I was heading so she wouldn't be too worried when she would arrive.

I took my time walking down the path very apprehensive as to how our talk would go down. I loved Sophia but at the same time, I was very hurt. As I stepped into the Tim Hortons, I was met with the fresh smell of coffee and a crowd of chattering people. This Tim Hortons was the place where mostly everyone hung out as it was the only famous coffee shop in our town.

I took a seat in the corner not bothering to order anything as I was still full from the hot chocolate I had earlier at Nicks. Scarlett arrived earlier than Sophia and took a seat across from me.

"What's up?" She asked, slowly unbuttoning her coat and slipping of her beanie to reveal her brown ombred locks.

"I think we should confront Sophia about Dillon." I replied nervously twisting my knuckles together.

"That does not seem like a good idea..." Scarlett started off but I pushed all further conversation out of her mouth.

"It's been killing me the whole day and I know it's been killing you as well. So why not just ask the culprit themselves and clear the air between us. We can get answers, and honest ones at that." I replied.

Scarlett thought about it a bit before she let out a sigh. "You know her Ally; she might just avoid us at all when we confront her."

"Well someone has too." All further conversation was cut off when a panting Sophia arrived.

"Hey guys." She said in careful tone as if she didn't know if we were on the same page or not.

Immediately I felt guilty for my behaviour, but not so much as to let it go. I shot her a smile, "hey, I'm glad that you can make it. Just order what you guys want and then come back."

Scarlett stood up before shooting me a pointed look. "You don't want anything?"

"No I just had hot chocolate and someone's house."

Scarlett's eyebrows rose. "And whose house might that have been?"

"No one," I said quickly but my ears were feeling hot at this point.

"Now who's the one lying," Scarlett muttered but she left with Sophia anyway.

Minutes later they both arrived with steaming coffee, and half a dozen donuts that they pushed my way.

"I knew you would want it later," Sophia said.

"Thanks." I replied.

We munched on the donuts and sat in silence for a few moments. It seemed that nobody wanted to start the conversation until Sophia finally broke us all out of the daze, "why did you call us here Alana?"

I took my time responding, making sure to savour every moment of the chocolate delight swirling around in my mouth. As the flavour left my mouth, so did the mood as I uttered the words with a serious expression on my face. "It's because we needed to talk."

Scarlett said nothing as her gaze was pointed outside the window watching the snowflakes fall lightly to the ground.

"Has this got something to do with your attitude with me earlier when I offered to help you with the Physics?"