FTNCT |Chapter 5|

Dedicated to PrincessTiiu my new friend. Make sure to check out her book The Princess Competition. Picture of Scarlett above. 

--------------------------------------------

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."  ~Benjamin Franklin   

The week flew by, as Monday rolled in so did the butterflies. I wouldn't admit it but I was terrified about what happened after the tryouts. As I walked into school, everyone was buzzing around like bees.

Scarlett and Sophia came up to me. "The team list for soccer has been posted up on the notice board."

"Let's check it out." Sophia said.

The three of us headed to the notice board where everyone who had tried out was currently standing.

"Make way people. You're not the only ones who need to look at the board." Scarlett shouted.

Nobody moved. Sophia finally took desperate measures. She grabbed us both by our wrists and pushed us through the thick crowd. Our gazes finally landed on the list:

Elias High School Soccer Team     

Players:

Alex King

Andre Hunter

Brandon Young

Dillon Carter

James Bond

Josh Link

Kevin Cruz

Nick Anderson

Scarlett Willow

Shaun Mason

Tyler Lewis

I hadn't made it... I wasn't on the team. Something inside me broke. All the hard work I put into it wasn't enough for me to be part of the team.

Forcing a smile I turned to Scarlett. "Congrats you made it on the team! You deserve it." My voice sounded hoarse, as if I was about to cry.

Scarlett seemed to notice but didn't say anything. I was grateful to her. "Thanks. Anyway, I got to go to art class." With a wave she was off.

Sophia turned to me. "Hey, you were awesome. It doesn't matter if you didn't make it onto the team."

"I know." I replied.

Sophia, sensing I wanted to be alone got the message and made the excuse of heading over to her biology class.

I sighed. It wasn't like me to get gloomy over something like this. I needed fresh air. I slipped out of the main entrance and a cold gusty wind hit my face. The clouds were turning grey as if to reflect my mood. There was a ball sitting on the green grass seeming like it was waiting for me. I picked it up and began practicing a few drills. Shooting, dribbling and a few tricks. Sweat was dripping from everywhere and I felt a water drop hit my eye.

Oh great.

It was raining. I ignored the rain and took out my frustrating by kicking the ball even harder trying to block out the loud thumps of rain drops. After a while, I felt as though a pair of eyes were staring. I turned around but was only met with the wet field. There was no soul anywhere near. Great, I was also becoming delusional. I looked at my watch and saw that my study period was over. I rushed back inside dripping with rain water and I was met with weird gazes. My shoes made squishy sounds and people only stared more.