FTNCT |Chapter 21|

Dedicated to demigodInitiate for her comment about books being like air for fangirls and dying without them. Had me laughing for a full minute:P

-----------------------

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~Walter Winchell 

"Absolutely not," my Mom said with a firm tone.

"But everyone is going! I'm going to be the only one at home in March Break!" I replied my tone laced with frustration.

"What's wrong with that? You do it every year." Mom retorted.

Ugh. I felt like pulling my hair. My mom was being impossible! Confused? Let me explain. Basically I was asking her if I could go down to Barrie and spend the break and Dillon's cottage. He had reluctantly handed me an invitation and I wanted to go really badly. Scarlett and Sophia were both allowed so why wasn't I?

"Scarlett and Sophia are going." I stated.

My Mom's mouth was open wide. "Sophia's going? Her parent's let her go without a guardian? I think I need to give Rosie a call to reconsider."

I smacked my head to my forehead. If my Mom called Sophia's parents she wouldn't be allowed to go. I would probably also be buried five feet under.

I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. "No don't call Mrs. Hansen. She only let Sophia go after knowing that Zeke would be coming along as our guardian."

My Mom's expression changed. "Zeke is coming along?"

I nodded meekly hating to lie but I had to for Sophia's sake. "Yeah he is."

"Well why didn't you tell me before?" She responded. "This changes everything."

I held my breath. My mom loved Zeke as her own son because he always hung out with Justin despite his age. He would get Justin to leave his man cave and do other adventurous things. In my mother's eyes it made him a hero.

My mom smiled. "Well then I'm going to reconsider it but I have to talk it over with your father first."

Those were the words I needed to hear. I ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug. "Thank you so much." I said before skipping up the stairs.

I could hear her chuckle along with the words, "don't thank me until it's certain."

I swung myself onto my bed and dialed Scarlett's number. She replied moments later.

"Hey Alana what's up?"

"Zeke needs to come with us to Dillon's cottage." I replied.

"Why? I really don't fancy having my brother babysit me everywhere."

"I kind of told me Mom that Zeke was going to be there..."

I heard a groan on the other line, "seriously?"

"In my defense she on firm no till I told her Zeke was coming. Then she said that she'll think about it." I said.

"Fine, I'll go bribe Zeke into coming if that's the only way it insures your safe passage as well."

We said out goodbyes and then hung up. Too excited for the trip I started packing everything that I would need. I was more than 95% sure that Mom was going to let me go. In the midst of my packing I received a notification. It was a text from Scarlett.

He agreed to go. It cost me two months of chores, and free doughnuts every day. You own me big time -Scarlett.

I smiled reading her text. Everything was falling according to my plan.