Prologue

Dedicate to Hena_S. Your finally seeing it, do you believe it?

--------------------------------

Prologue: 10 Years ago; 2003, Bellchester, Canada

“Mommy I’m ready!” A little girl calls out from beneath her princess blanket. She waits for her mother who appears a few seconds later with a tray filled with chocolate chip cookies and a glass filled with pure white milk.

“You ready sweetheart?” She asks while smiling at her daughter.

“Yes Mommy! Hurry up!” The little girl answers with giggles. Her laugh echo’s through the room.

“What story would you like to hear today?” She questions the little girl.

“I want to hear Cinderella!” She shouts in excitement.

Her mother walks across the pale pink painted room in quick strides until she reaches the bookshelf. Balancing the tray on one hand and the thick fairy tale book on the other, she walks towards her daughter’s bed. She slides into the bed and the girl snuggles close to her as she eats the cookies and drinks the milk.

“Once upon a time…” Her mother starts off.

The girl listens attentively to every word she hears. Her eyes widen at scary parts and a smile appears at the nice parts. She is completely captivated by her mother’s rich tone as she tells the story. “And the princess and the prince lived happily ever after.” She concludes and closes the book.

The girl looks overwhelmed and then finally finds her voice. “Mommy, do fairy tales ever come true?” she asks with wide eyes.

Her mother looks in shock with her question. She thinks about it a while before giving her reply. “Yes they do sweetie. Someone day, you will meet your prince and then your fairy tale will be complete.”

The little girl nods and a soft smile appears on her face. “Good night, I love you.” She whispers before snuggling deeper in her blanket. Her mother continues to stroke through her hair until at last, the girl falls asleep dreaming about her own prince.  

She kisses the girls forehead and says “Sweet dreams I love you too.” She turns off the light and softly closes the door behind her.