FTNCT |Chapter 20|

Dedicated to hyqasheikh to her comment about not having any oxygen.

----------------------------

"I am going to keep having fun every day I have left, because there is no other way of life. You just have to decide whether you are a Tigger or an Eeyore." ~Randy Pausch 

We all slowly turned around with our head behind our backs. The light shone brightly directly into my eyes and it hurt. Squinting I glanced up to see the source of light. It was Dillon who was pointing the light at us while Shaun was holding a bat and Nick had a bb gun pointed at us. They all looked quite surprised to see us nonetheless.

"Sophia?" Dillon asked a bit hesitantly as if he wasn't sure that it was his girlfriend creeping in his backyard.

"Yeah it's me," Sophia replied softly.

Dillon's mouth opened wider if that was possible. Nick and Shaun seemed to mirror his expression.

"Yeah, now that you guys know it's us please drop your weapons and let us come inside. It's freezing and we don't want to wake up any more neighbours." Scarlett said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Scarlett's words seem to un-freeze them all as they disappeared inside Dillon's room once again. Minutes later the back door swung open and all three of them appeared outside. Looking at the state of their clothes it appeared that they had been getting ready to sleep. My heart jolted when I saw what Nick was wearing. He had on a pair of Nike sweatpants that hung low on his hips along with a thin white wife beater that accumulated his muscles. His hair was undone and parts of it framed his forehead. I had the sudden urge to brush it back but managed to keep my hands to my side.

"Come in ladies," Dillon muttered.

We followed him inside as he lead downstairs to the basement. I was a bit surprised that he hadn't led us upstairs to his room so I voice my opinion.

He grumbled out the words. "I can't have your loud mouth being heard by my Mom. She would know that you girls are here and we would all be screwed."

I nodded. It actually made a lot of sense. We made our way to the last floor and Nick turned on the lights. The place was absolutely gorgeous. It was a modern basement with wonderful designs and furniture. A gasp of surprise from Scarlett proved that she agreed. On one side was a bunch of exercising equipment while the other side was lined with a flat screen T.V completed with a pool table. The only thing that looked out of place was the three sleeping bags scattered on the floor.

"Who designed this place?" Scarlett asked Dillon in awe as he fingers traced the wallpaper and matching furniture.

But it was Nick who answered. "Dillon's Mom, she used to be an interior designer before she changed her profession a couple of years ago. She never lost her touch."

We all nodded in agreement and settled around the room.

"Not that everyone is here would you like to explain what you lovely ladies were doing in my backyard?"

Scarlett, Sophia and I turned to one another sheepishly before we all decided it was best to let Sophia explain.

"Well, we were Toilet Papering your house." Sophia said.

"Really, I never would have guessed?" Shaun replied sarcastically.

"It was all Scarlett's idea," Sophia said quickly before Dillon could say anything else.

"Hey!" Scarlett interjected, "It was a combined idea!"

Nick snorted at her reply before looking at me. "You were involved with this? Somehow you don't peg me as the type to do this stuff."