FTNCT |Chapter 30|

Dedicated to all of you for hanging with me until the  very end.

------------------------------

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~Neil Gaiman 

Scarlett held up and short lime green dress and Sophia and I both cringed, "definitely not that."

I held up a fuchsia pink cocktail dress, "how about this?"

"I mean it kind of look's nice but I don't know..."

Scarlett pushed her towards the change rooms. "Try it on now."

Confused? Let me explain. We were currently at the mall dress shopping for the grade 12 prom. You might ask why we would do something like this when we had a year left till our own prom. Well, the answer was that Dillon, Shaun and many of the other guys we were friends with were already going to prom, Sophia included since she was going with Dillon so we all decided to hang out together.

The latter part took critical thinking on our part. We needed to choose two people for Scarlett and me because juniors weren't allowed to prom unless invited by seniors. So graciously, Alex and Shaun had agreed to be our escorts till we got through the door. There quoted words were 'we aren't responsible for what happens inside of that place.' Nick on the other hand wouldn't be having any problem since his Mom was the one who owned the banquet where the prom was taking place. He was free to come and go as he wished. An inner side of me really want him to be the one who took me to prom, not Alex.

Sophia came out of the change room and Scarlett and I grimaced. "It's as bad as I thought, isn't it?"

"Yeah it kind of is." Scarlett mumbled.

"Don't worry, we'll find a new dress just not in this store, it seems." I said consolingly.

We collected our and went to a couple more boutiques and dress shops in the mall. After a while I began to notice a pattern. It was exceptionally hard to find the perfect dress. Either they were two expensive (over $200) or they just didn't fit right.

"This is hopeless." Scarlett groaned.

"I agree. If we don't find out dresses in the next three shops let's just call in a day."

We stepped into the shop and a lady came rushing to assist us. "Hello, how may I help you ladies?" she asked.

It was Scarlett who spoke. "We are looking for prom dresses except they have to be more like a princess as that is the theme for the prom."

The lady nodded. "We have a wide selection of princess dresses at the back. I can lead you all there. If you don't like one of the dresses we also have pictures in catalogues and we are able to order those without extra charge."

"That would be lovely." I said and we followed her through the stores. On the display cases were gorgeous dresses in all shapes, styles, and sizes. One in particular caught my eye. "Sophia, look at the one." I pointed to a light salmon pink dress with a sweetheart neckline. The corset was fitted and was adorned by white and pink beads; it puffed out in the end holding the same sheer shine as the rest of the dress.

"Would you like to try that on?" The lady asked looking at me.

"Yes, but not for me," I pointed to Sophia, "My friend over here would like to try it on."

She nodded and gently pulled down the dress from the mannequin, "the changer rooms are right in the back."

Sophia nodded and gave us a fleeting smile before she disappeared into the change rooms. Minutes later we heard her voice. "I think the zipper is stuck."