FTNCT |Chapter 17|

"You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars." ~Gary Allan

As I stepped out of my Physics exam I almost felt like shouting out with glee. Physics had been my last exam and was the one exam that I was most stressed about. Finishing the exam, I felt satisfied with what I had accomplished and I knew that I had achieved above 85%. Plus Physics had concluded my exams which meant that I time chill before the second semester would be commencing.

I went to the main foyer as my gaze searched for Sophia. She had her chemistry exam while Scarlett had finished with her exams yesterday. After a few minutes I noticed Sophia by the library talking to no other than... Dillon.

Slipping through the crowd of students I made my way towards them. It was Dillon who noticed me first.

"Alana," he nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"Dillon," I responded coolly.

"Come on you guys, get along with each other." Sophia pleaded with her eyes.

Dillon's gaze seemed to soften. I honestly don't know how I didn't pick up on all the singles. They were clearly in love! How blind could I be?

"Fine," he grumbled and stretched out his hand for me to shake.

I stared at him with wide eyes, "I'm not touching that. I have no clue where that had been."

Sophia sighed. "I never should have asked."

It wasn't that I hated Dillon. I just liked giving him a hard time; quite frankly, it was amusing.

"Fine, I'll behave myself."

Sophia shot me a thankful smile which I returned.

I turned to Sophia and asked, "So what do you want to do now the exams are over?"

"We could go to Dairy Queen!" Dillon inputted.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion."

Sophia gave me another look before turning to Dillon. "That sounds like a wonderful idea! We could invite Nick, Shaun, Scarlett, Maya and Katie as well since we haven't seen them in a while."

I turned to look at the two of them. "Am I the only one who realizes that it is winter and -24o outside?"

------------------------------------

Half an hour later and we were all seated in Dairy Queen. It seemed that everyone was bored and had readily agreed. I was the only one who was still complaining. It was winter, for God's sake! And we were going to eat ice-cream. The chattering group of us all ordered what we wanted and went back to the booth in the corner. It was relatively quiet and we were making a lot of noise. I could see a man staring at us distastefully behind his cone of ice cream. I squeezed myself in between Sophia and Scarlett before Dillon could get near her.

Scarlett shot me a smirk knowing full well of what I had done. Meanwhile, Dillon was glaring at me as well but it was worth it. Katie was sitting with us as well while Maya had taken up an extra seat preferring not to sit with the males. I was directly facing Shaun and watching him lick his ice cream disturbingly. It was not a pretty sight.

I scrunched my nose with dissatisfaction, "could you please not lick your ice cream like that. It's unappetizing and gross."

Shaun gave me an innocent smile and started licking his ice cream even more obnoxiously if that was possible. "What like this?"

"Yes, exactly like that."

"It's a free country I can do anything."

Scarlett slapped the ice cream away from him and it splattered onto the table. Shaun looked at Scarlett accusingly. "What did you do that for?"