Chapter 8 - Half moon 🔞

Definition of Third Quarter:

The Third Quarter, or Half Moon, is the seventh phase in the cycle of phases. This Moon phase occurs once a month, rising around 12 AM, and setting around 12 PM, almost instantaneously becoming a Waning Crescent.

In the meantime, Moon had finished taking his computer parts home in the janitor's handcar. He was on his way back when his cell phone rang with an unknown number. 

Moon answered the phone in irritation.

"Yes...who is this?" 

"Moon honey, hi...It's me...Treasure....Chompoo gave me your number...Don't be mad at her, I really tortured her until she gave it to me. How are you feeling after last night?" 

"Oh, hi. I'm better than I thought, I just have a bit of a headache. Thanks for asking." 

"It's fine then, I was just a bit worried because I haven't seen you at uni today." 

"I didn't stay long either, I just picked up a few items from the club. I'm just returning the janitor's handcar." 

"Then I'm reassured....I uhm....would you like to come with me...sometime....oh dear...how do I say this without it getting awkward and you thinking I'm trying to pick you up...." 

Treasure sounded really nervous and Moon blushed. He didn't know why, it just happened. 

"Treasure...please...I was standing in front of you last night in a pink stretch dress. What could be more embarrassing for you and me? So please just ask and maybe my face color will go back to normal." 

Treasure really liked the new open Moon. He laughed.

"Wow, ok...thanks for those words, then I can go back to normal color too." Treasure grinned.

"So...let's go Treasure." 

"Ok...I have to tell you quite honestly that you don't really care much about your appearance and, regardless of you being a bit chubby, you're actually a really handsome guy. I like you a lot and find you quite interesting...., not necessarily in a romantic way, but I'd really like to take you shopping sometime. We can also take your pretty News with us if you like, so you don't think I'm going to eat you. I just want to help you a bit to find a good style and see what I can get out of you. Your outfit was quite nice last night, not the dress of course. (He laughed in an artificial way) If you feel like it during the semester break, just write to me, you've got my number now, I'd really like to be your fashion consultant."

Moon was a little taken off guard, he didn't think much of the idea because he just didn't understand what was so bad about his outfit, but he actually quite liked Treasure by now and gave him a floating nod of approval.

"I have a lot of work to do on two projects during the semester break and I also have a job with my uncle, but if time permits I'll get in touch with you, is that okay with you?" 

"I'll take what I can get....well,  then ok....I won't bother you any longer...see you soon....bye honey..." 

"Uhm, yes...bye bye." 

Then they hung up.

Moon took the handcar back to the janitor. Then he went back home and immediately started tinkering with his computer.