Chapter 1

Ricks POV
"I don't care! Just leave again! Run off to her!" Lori screamed into my face, pointing towards the front door with her delicate shaky hands.

"Fine! I will! " I yelled back as I stormed off towards the door.

Before I opened it I looked back one last time at the mother of my only child.

How did things get so bad?

I quickly shook off the thoughts and slammed the wooden door behind me.

And again, I was running off to Jessica's house, again I would knock on her door to see her soft face filled with concern for me.

Again I would leave in the middle of the night to go drink my pain away, and again I would return in the morning to see Carl off to school, just to get into another argument with his mother.

But let's start with the basics.

My name is rick grimes, and I'm a sheriff.

I got married a couple years ago, and had a beautiful boy named Carl.

But then things started to get bad.

My wife Lori and I, we've been having problems for a while now, often times I would come home late from Jessica's house, I would say I was at work, but I knew she never believed a word I said.

I also found out later that She has been sneaking around, my partner Shane and her have had a thing for a while now, probably close to a year or so.

I'm not fooling around with Jessica to get back at Lori. I mean, I was in the beginning, but I think I really like her now.

I can't leave Lori for good though, our son Carl would be absolutely devastated. And I know how it feels to
Have your parents split up at a young age, it hurts.

*knock knock* here I go again, running away from my problems.

The door opened slightly and then opened all the way.

"Hey rick." Her soft voice called.

"Can.. Can I come in?" I asked stuttering and looking at the hard ground.

She nodded her head and motioned me inside.

"Are you okay?" She asked grabbing two clear wine glasses from her oak cabinet.

"Yeah.. Kinda, Well actually, no. Lori kicked me out again." I answered sitting down at her bar table.

"Red or white?" She asked me.

"Um, red." I usually pick white wine, but, I don't know.

She placed the full glass in front of me and took a sip of her own.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked me, moving a lock of her beautiful blonde hair behind her ear.

We usually don't talk about my problems when I come over, actually we don't do much of talking at all.

"Actually. Would you mind? I wouldn't mind getting it off my chest." I told her.

She gave me a soft smile and took another sip of the bitter wine.

**an hour later**
"So you still want to be with her? After all of that?" Jess asked finishing her third glass of wine.

"I don't want to be with her, but I can't do that to Carl. He deserves to have both of his parents in his life." I said slurring my words a little.

"Well, you can stay here tonite, and then settle things with her in the morning." Jessica offered taking my now empty glass and putting it in the sink with hers.

"Wanna head up stairs?" I suggested.

"Oh rick. You can always read my mind can't you?" She said kissing my temple and starting her stroll to the second floor of her house.

When I got up there she had already brushed her teeth and made the bed.

And looking around her room, just reminded me of one of the reasons I like her so much.

Everything was organized, she had almost everything labeled. But she's not a clean freak, she enjoys the outdoors.

She likes fishing, and hunting, hiking, and all that stuff. She's like the perfect girl.

She was supposed to have a son of her own, but about four months into her pregnancy she got into a major car accident and lost the baby.

No other injuries were long lasting, except for a nasty scar on her lower back, where a piece of the truck she hit had slid in and cut her.

She's self conscious about it, but I think it just makes her stronger.

That's when I found her actually, I was one of the police officers that responded to the 911 call. I remember opening that car door to see pleading eyes looking up at me.

I helped her out of the car to see blood coming down her legs. I instantly knew something was wrong. I personally drove with her to the hospital and stayed with her until she was healthy enough to be dismissed.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when she cleared her throat.

"Looking for something?" She wondered as she walked over to me.

"Nope, I just found what I wanted." I answered smashing her lips to mine.

--authors note--
How was the first chapter? Is it long enough? Too long? Should I add more detail? Please vote and comment to let me know!!