Chapter 31

Jessica's POV
I looked around again to see Lori looking worried, carrie had the slightest smirk on, and Shane looked like he was about to kill someone.

"Jessica?" I turned back to rick after he said my name.

His blue eyes gleamed in the mid day sun and his facial hair looked dazzling.

He's probably been waiting a good four minutes for my answer now.

This isn't even a real marriage right? So it isn't going to effect us much... right?

I smiled at him and a smile appeared on his face after.

"Yes." I whispered, he jumped up and hugged me around my neck.

"Thank god. I love you so much." He whispered, digging his head into the crook of my neck.

I leaned into him, I hear clapping, so I looked behind rick to see Lori, carol, Amy, Maggie, Beth, and Hershel clapping.

Rick slid the ring on to my ring finger and then smiled.

I smirked out of embarrassment and sighed.

"I love you ri...." A loud scream cut me off.

Me and rick instantly went into battle mode.

I looked around to see Sophia running up to us.

"They have him. They have Carl." She cried.

I looked to rick and he looked terrified.

I had to think fast.

"Get everyone safe, I'll get Carl." He looked conflicted but eventually nodded.

I started sprinting off in the direction to where Sophia had just come from and saw two men on Carl, who was laying on the ground.

One was feeling up his neck, while the other was touching places to little boy should ever be touched.

I started to see red, anger boiled through my veins as I saw them take advantage of Carl.

I pulled my gun out of my waist band and pointed it at them.

"You best put that down missy." A sickly deep voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see a man towering over me.

"Jessica! Jessica help." Carl cried out my name.

I had to help Carl.

I kicked the man with my foot, he stumbled back but grabbed my leg in the process, I yelped as I hit the ground.

Quickly, I aimed my gun and shot the man between the eyes.

Blood pooled around him as he fell, so I jumped up and shot one of the other men.

The last guy grabbed Carl and held a knife to his neck.

"No, no, no. Don't hurt him... take me instead." The man smirked with horribly yellow teeth.

"Come here then sweetie." I slowly made my way over to them.

He pushed Carl to the ground and placed the knife to my neck.

Carl started to cry an rolled up into a ball on the grass.

"Go kid. Get out of..." while the man was distracted, I slammed my head back and it connected with the guys nose.

He stumbled back as the crunch vibrated my bones.

I jumped on the man and put one of my hands on either side of his head.

I twisted his head In a fast motion, his neck snapped and he fell backwards.

Then his eyes shot open and he coughed blood all over my face, he stopped breathing after that.

I just killed three men.. One with my bare hands....

I sat there for a moment, reliving what I just did.

I'm a nurse and I just ended the life of three living people.

Three living people that used to have families, what if I just killed some babies dad? Or a wife's husband?  Oh no.

I felt a tug on my arm and turned my head slightly to see Carl standing there.

"Let's go Jessica." He whispered, pulling my arm and forcing me to stand up.

He held onto my hand as we made our way back to the house, I hung my head down. Still thinking about what I just did.

Rick ran up to us and engulfed Carl in a hug.

He then wrapped his arms around me, "what's wrong?" He asked when I didn't hug back.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"I just.. I just, killed three people.. I murdered them rick...." I whined, my voice cracking.

He looked at me with a sad expression.

"It's okay baby. You did what you needed to." He nodded his head and looked me in the eyes.

Rick went to hug me again but I backed away.

"It's okay." He whispered before advancing towards me.

I back away again, "rick stop.. I'm.. I'm a monster." I hugged myself and started backing up.

He walked towards me but I started running of towards the woods.

"Jessica! Stop!" I could hear ricks voice yelling to me.

But I couldn't, I'm a danger to them. I killed a man with my bare hands.

I started to cry, then I was tackled to the ground.

I looked over me to see Glenn's face.

"I'm sorry, but you need to calm down." He sat up and pulled me forward.

I broke down and cried into his chest, loud sobs racked my body as I clung onto Glenn.

He rubbed my back in a soothing manner as everyone else ran up and circled around us.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay." Glenn whispered into my ear as I continued to cry.

We sat there for about five minutes before the water works started to stop.

"What happened back there?" Glenn asked, looking into my eyes.

I sighed and nodded.

"There was two men pinning Carl to the ground, I got so mad.. They were doing such bad things.." I started breathing heavily as I thought about what those men were going to do to that innocent boy.

" and  I tried to shoot them but a man came up behind me." I started, sniffling.

"I knocked that man down and shot him. Then I shot one of the guys holding down Carl." I looked up to see ricks worried face.

"I told the last guy that if he let Carl go.. That I would go with him. So he threw Carl down and grabbed me." I started to tear up again and Glenn rubbed my back again.

"He put a knife to my neck and told Carl to go... I smashed my head back and broke his nose... then I... then I snapped his neck." I buried my head into Glenn's shoulder and cried some more.

"What if they had families? What if I had just killed a father? Or a husband?" I looked up at rick and he looked down at the ground.

Glenn nodded and helped me stand up.

Glenn leaned forward and wiped some of the blood and tears off of my face.

"You kept your family safe. That's what matters." Glenn told me, I nodded my head and hugged him around his neck.

"Thanks china man..  for tackling me.. I would have gotten lost in the woods." I thanked, chuckling a little bit.

Glenn's smiled and patted my back.

"Any time there blondie."

!!Authors note!!
Holy shït!! That was a lot of drama! Vote and comment your thoughts please:))) are you happy that Jessica said yes to rick? Where's Daryl? Is Shane going to get mad???!!! Madder... keep reading:)