Chapter 14

Jessica's POV
Then a gunshot sounded.

There was a high pitched screeching noise in my ear and I couldn't hear anyone else.

The man in front of me dropped to the floor, Obviously dead.

Then the other four men dropped to the floor as well.

I looked to my right to see a bullet hole clean through my shoulder.

I started to feel faint, I was really trying to keep my eyes open but I failed.

I started falling, but instead of hitting the hard floor, I fell into a pair of arms.

I barley opened my eyes to see Merle looking back at me.

"Keep your eyes open princess." He told me, and I forced my eyes to open.

My eyelids felt as heavy as a 100 pound weight, and I couldn't move my body.

"Glenn, Andrea. C'mon!" Merle shouted as he picked me up bridal style.

I saw Andrea run to the truck with a duffle bag in her hand, and a gun in the other.

Then Glenn appeared with mine and his bag.

"Just keep your eyes open." Merle whispered as he started a sprint for the truck.

I was then placed into the bed of the truck, and my head was placed onto Glenn's lap.

He brushed the hair from my face. "Keep your eyes open. We'll be to camp soon." He told me as the truck started driving forward.

I gave him a very faint, forced smile.

"Just keep your eyes on me." Glenn told me, and I was trying to focus on his face.

Just something that would distract me from the burning feeling that was being radiated through my body.

After a long painful ride, we drove up the dirt rode that I had longed for.

"What the hell happened!" I heard Shane's voice yell as he saw me in the back of the truck.

"Jessica!" Rick gasped as Glenn handed me over to him.

"There were five guys and they tried taking her. I went to shoot one, but I accidentally hit her." Andrea say with remorse.

"You shot her!" Amy screamed at Andrea.

"You left out the part where you gave me and Jessica's position up." Glenn interjected, causing chaos to erupt.

They were all still arguing, but I was trying to focus on Rick's face, trying to keep my eyes open.

"It's going to be okay, baby." He whispered carrying me to our tent.

"We need to clean it." I whispered as Rick put me down.

"You're going to fix it yourself?" He asked scared.

"No, you are." I replied.

**time lapse*an hour later**

Ricks POV
Jessica helped me through the whole process. even though it pained me to see her so hurt, I got it done.

Tears pricked the back of my eyes seeing her in so much pain, she tried so hard not to cry.

But a few stray tears fell down her face as I tried stitching her up.

Currently, she's sleeping with her head in my lap. I'm running my fingers through her hair trying to calm her.

She hadn't passed out during the stitches, so she could feel the whole thing.

I don't even know how many times Andrea has came by our tent to apologize.

And another thing, Jessica's lip is busted. I'm just trying to think of why no one else is hurt, just her.

"Rick?" Her emerald green eyes met mine.

"Yeah baby?" I asked smiling.

"Just making sure you're real." She said, her eyes are glossed over. So I know that she's a little out of it.

"Yeah honey. I'm really here." I replied running my fingers through her hair.

"I thought I was going to die." She whispered as her eyes started to water.

"Don't cry." I cooed, pulling her into my lap.

"I just love you so much." She whispered nuzzling into my neck and shoulder.

"I love you too." I whispered kissing the top of her head.

We sat like that for a few moments before she spoke up.

"I need to stand up." She said trying to get up, but failing.

Jessica's POV
Rick eventually helped me to my feet and I walked out of my tent.

"Jess!" Glenn yelled running over to me.

He hugged me, but carefully so he didn't hurt my shoulder.

"I didn't think you were going to make it." He whispered looking down.

"Hey, hey. I'm okay." I said smiling at him.

He just nodded his head and walked off to the RV.

"Jessica I'm so.." Andrea started, but I cut her off.

"Save it." I barked walking around her.

"There she is." Merle said walking over to me.

"Here I am." I said chuckling.

"You know, you fell right into my arms earlier." He told me, matter-a-factly.

"Merle, I had been shot." I explained.

"I'm still counting it." He said walking away, after stealing a glance at my back side.

"You hungry?" Rick asked.

"On a scale from 1 to 10? A 50." I said laughing, repeating what I had said the day this all started.