Chapter 3

Ricks POV
Jessica got in the passenger side of my hummer and gave me a sweet smile.

"Where are we going to eat?" She asked turning on the radio.

"I was thinking Denny's. Unless you would rather go somewhere else." I offered as I buckled up my seatbelt.

This was the worst thing about summer, the sun made my seatbelt feel like fire.

"Denny's sounds good." She replied picking a radio station.

She hummed along to the radio until my phone started ringing.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" She asked me, breaking her concentration on the song.

"No, I'm with you right now. And plus it's work, and I'm off duty right now." I told her.

She interlocked our fingers and kissed the back of my knuckles.

"Who'd you hit?" She asked me.

"I.. Um... no one darling." I replied looking at her, then back at the road.

"I'm not stupid Rick. I can see the dry blood on your hand." She scolded rubbing her soft fingers across my hand.

"Me and Shane had a little disagreement." I answered, melting into her touch as I stopped for a red light.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" She asked moving my chin around to see if there were bruises.

"No honey. He didn't hit me back." I told her, she let out a little breath and looked forward again.

"Rick I love you." She said.

I got caught off guard, she what? Do I love her back? Should I say it back?

We haven't said it yet.

I guess my sudden quietness gave her the wrong idea.

She took her hand away from mine and scooted towards the door, obviously trying to get as far away as possible from me.

"Jessica I..." but she cut me off.

"You don't have to say it back. I don't even know why I said it, I mean we aren't actually a thing right? And I should have expected you to..." I silenced her by putting my lips to hers.

"Shhhh." I silenced her pulling back.

"I love you too." I told her back as I drove forward.

I could see her flashing those pearly whites from the corner of my eye.

Her smile always melted me. Even when things were at the worst, she always seemed to cheer me up.

"So how hungry are you? One to ten?" I asked turning the corner and pulling into Denny's.

"Ummm, a fifty." She said giggling.

"Okay." I said winking and putting my arm around her as we walked in.

As we were sat at our table my phone rang again.

"Rick, what if it's important?" Jessica asked taking a sip of her water.

"I'm with you right now Jess. That's what's important." I replied also sipping my coffee."

We sat around for a while as we ate our food and talked.

Again my phone rang.

"Rick, please answer your phone. It must be important." Jessica begged.

"Absolutely not Jessica." I told her shutting my phone off.

"Whatever." She said kissing my neck.

"Jessica, c'mon. Don't do that." I said melting into her touch.

"Don't do what officer?" She asked innocently and she nibbles on my neck, causing slight goosebumps to rise on my warm skin.

"Jess." I breathed, we were still in the restaurant , and I didn't need attention being brought to us.

"What are you going to do about it sheriff?" She teased, placing her hand on my inner thigh.

"What do you want me to do about it?" I asked kissing the side of her face.

"Restrain me officer." She whispered in my ear. At this point, I was trying really
Hard to not drag her into the bathroom.

"How about we go home and I'll interrogate you there." I promised silently.

The drive home was long, my body was aching for her, I could tell she was doing this to me on purpose.

We were holding hands, so occasionally she would brush our hands against my thigh.

"Alright, I'm done." I grunted as I made a sharp turn into a trail that was in the woods. I turned off the ignition and unbuckled my seat belt.

She gave me a playful smile before crashing her lips to mine.

In return I pushed up the center council and crawled over her.

I was hovering over her for a moment before I could feel her cellphone vibrating.

"Shit, it's work." She mumbled answering the call.

She was a nurse at the hospital, so she was constantly on call.

"Alright, I'll be there soon." She spoke into the phone before huffing.

"I'll finish this later." I told her kissing her one last time before starting the vehicle back up.

After I dropped her off at the hospital and went home, I laid down in her bed, wondering what to do until she got back.

I decided to call my work back.

"Sheriffs department, press one for an emergency call, press two for a comment or concern, press three if you're an employee." The mechanical voice spoke.

I pressed three and then put in my sheriffs code.

"Hey rick, I've been trying to her a good of you all day. Where were you?" Jon asked in a rushed tone.

"I've been busy. What's going on?" I asked him.

"Dude, there's some sickness going on,
It's being contained right now. But it's killing people and bringing them back as some kind of monster.

They're eating people rick, and bringing them back as monsters too." He has a scared shakiness to his voice that I wasn't used to.

"Okay okay, I'll go check it out. Where is it being held?" I asks standing up and tying my boots.

I was hoping and praying that he didn't say memorial hospital, I just dropped Jessica off there not too long ago.

Finally after a painful moment he spoke.

--authors note--
Are you guys scared? I am. I wonder what will happen to Jessica!!! Keep reading to find out my lovelies. Do any of you wonderfully people ship Jessica and rick? Any ship names? Hmmmmm...