Chapter 6

Ricks POV
Me and Jessica are still trying to make our way through the streets.

About an hour ago a man threw himself onto Jessica and I had to get him off.

She's still pretty shook up about that.

"Rick?" I heard her quiet voice plead.

"Ya baby?" I answered.

"We have to stop for the night, I don't know how much longer I can keep walking." She replied on a tired tone.

"We'll find somewhere, don't worry." I reassured her, wrapping my arm around her skinny waist.

We're in the bigger part of the city, very tall buildings and such.

"Oh shit." Jessica whispered looking behind us.

It was a giant pack of those freaks.

"Run! Get in that car!" I told Jess, pointing to a near by car that was parked in the middle of the road.

As soon as we both got in and locked the doors the monsters started surrounding us.

"Pmmmf..... You.... Top...fff." A muffled voice was heard.

Jess opened up the glove box and found a walkie talkie.

"Is somebody there?" She quietly asked.

"Yes! Oh my god." The voice answered back in a happy tone.

"I'm going to help you both get out of there." He also added.

"What? How?" Jessica asked into it.

"Do you see the sun roof? It's not battery powered so you can just push it open." He sounded rushed now.

I slowly lifted the sun roof off and it slid down the car, hitting two of those freaks, and pushing them back.

"Okay, now what?" Jessica asked as the car shook.

"Do you see the tallest gray building just in front of you?" The man asked.

I looked over there to see a small man waving at us.

"Ya, ya, we see you." She answered.

"I want you to grab the flare out of the center council and throw it as far as you can behind you. Then run as fast as possible to me, as I'll be able to help more."

I reached in the glove box and found the flare.

"Do you have a lighter?" I asked Jessica and she nodded.

"I guess it's a good thing you didn't stop smoking when I told you to." I said smiling and lighting the flare.

"Okay." I mumbled as I threw the flare far away from the car.

Most of the freaks started following it immediately, other stayed with us.

"Now run!" The man said over the radio.

We waisted no time, Jessica and I both started a mad dash for the man.

When we reached him he placed a hand on the small of Jessica's back and urged us in.

Then he slammed the door behind us.

"Wow, that was close." Jessica commented panting, but smiling.

"Yes. Yes it was. Now, I'm going To take you both to the roof where I'll introduce you to the rest of my group." The man told us.

"Oh, and I'm Glenn. Glenn rhee." He said shaking my hand.

"Rick grimes." I answered back.

"Jessica baker." Jess told him as they shook hands.

He held onto her hand slightly longer, but I tried not to pay mind to it. Seen as he saved our lives and all.

"Alright. So let's go." Glenn said smiling at us both.

"You guys a couple?" Glenn asked as we climbed the dark stairway.

"Ya." I answered.

"Oh." He mumbled.

He opened the door for us, and Jessica went through first. Instantly having a gun put in her face.

"Hey, back off." Glenn told the woman.

"Who the hell are these people?" The blonde haired lady asked.

"These are the people I helped from the car." Glenn told her, moving the gun down with his hand.

"You actually saved them?" A Hispanic man asked.

"Ya I did. This is Jessica and rick." Glenn said eyeing a larger man that stood in the back.

"Behave yourself." He mumbled bumping shudders with him to look over the ledge.

"My name is jacqui." A darker woman introduced, shaking Jessica's hand first.

"Hi." Jessica smiled warmly.

"Morales." The Hispanic man said shaking our hands as well.

"That's andrea." Jacqui told us, pointing to the blonde haired woman.

"And that's..." morales went to say, but the bulkier man stopped him.

"The names Merle." He said in a rough voice.

Jessica put her hand out kindly to introduce herself to him. He took her hand in his and kissed her hand.

I cleared my throat and he looked over at me.

"Rick Grimes." I told him, shaking his hand.

"Is this sweet piece of ass yours?" He asked me, gesturing to Jessica.

"Back off." I growled stepping in front of her.

"Alright alright" he put his hands up in a surrendering motion. "I get it."

"I'm t-dog." A dark colored man told us from behind.

He also shook our hands and then gave Merle a warning glare.

"Guys." Jacqui said looking over the edge.

"Shit." I heard Glenn mumble.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked walking over and looking down.

She gasped a little, which caused me to walk quickly over to her, and also look down.

A huge group of those freaks were roaming the warm streets of Atlanta.

Probably hundreds of them.

"That's too many walkers for us to get through." Jacqui said is a worried tone.

"Walkers?" Jessica asked.

"Ya, that's what we call those things." Glenn answered us. "What have you guys been calling them?"

"Freaks. I guess." I told him and he nodded head.

"That's true, they are freaks." Morales said, earning a chuckle from half of us.

"Now." Glenn said. "How do we get through them?"

Everyone looks around at one another. None of us having any clue of what to do.

Quiet chatter started when I got the idea.

"I have an idea." All heads turned towards me.

..Authors note..
What do you guys think? Will everyone make it back to camp alive? Will the camp still be there? Will the group get separated??!!! I'm scared to find out!! Keep reading lovelies;)