Chapter 9

Glenn's POV
I woke up and a moment of panic washed over me when I didn't know where I was.

Then I remembered the events of last nite.

I look to my right And Jessica's not even here, she's probably forgiving Rick already.

I put my pants back on and tied up my boots.

I tidy up her makeshift bed a little and sigh.

I stepped out of the tent to see Ed sitting by the fire by himself.

"Where's Jessica?" I asked him, expecting a smart ass answer.

"By the lake, doing what women do best." He grunted as he took a bite of some brown slop.

I strolled over to the water to see Jessica sitting there with the other women, washing laundry.

"Hey." I said breaking their conversation.

Andrea, Amy and Jacqui gave me a friendly wave, while Jessica and Carol just smiled at me.

"Do you have any laundry you need washed?" Carol asked, sinking one of Sophia's shirts into the cold water.

"Oh, no. I'm fine for now. Thanks though." I responded walking away.

Jessica's POV
"Oh, no. I'm fine for now. Thanks though." Glenn said walking away from us.

"That was weird." Amy said smirking.

"God, I miss washing machines." I mumbled as everyone agreed.

"I miss tv." Jacqui added, scrubbing one of morales's pants.

"I miss stoves." Amy whispered.

"I miss my vibrator." Andrea mumbled and we all stared at her, in disbelief that she just said that.

"Me too." Carol said.

We all bursted out laughing.

My sides burned from laughing so hard, I thought I was going to suffocate.

"Hey. What's so funny." Ed grumbled walking over to us, obviously being him usual self.

"Oh, nothing." Carol replied quickly. Her face was flushed now and she looked almost scared.

"Did I give you permission to laugh? I don't remember that." He said pointing a finger at Carol.

"We were just playing around Ed." Andrea told him.

"You stay out of this." He scolded andrea.

"Let's go Carol." Ed shouted At carol.

She immediately got up and started to follow him.

"Carol, you don't have to follow him. You aren't a dog." I said standing up.

"Better shut your mouth bitch." Ed scolded me.

"I'm not a bitch." I said back, walking up the small hill to be face to face with him.

"Jessica, please don't." Carol pleaded.

"I'm sorry carol, but Ed is an asshole. And you can do much better than this asshole." I replied.

"You best take that back." Ed threatened.

"Or what? You'll hit me too? I see the bruises on Sophia and Carol. I'm not scared of you." I shouted pointing my finger at him.

"Oh, you're going to regret that." He shouted, getting ever more closer to my body.

I could tell he was trying to intimidate me, but it was going to take a hell of a lot more than this.

"Fuck you." I spat at him.

Next thing I know I'm knocked to the ground with a stinging pain in my jaw.

"No!" Shane shouted before he tackled Ed to the ground.

Glenn, Rick and the other girls ran over to me.

Except for Andrea, who was holding Carol back.

"Holy shit." I mumbled as I touched the sore part of me jaw.

"Let's get her up." Rick told Glenn.

They both helped me to my feet.

"Oh, he really got you good." Glenn said touching my face.

I winced at his touch.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

After that I saw Ed crawl back to his tent and Shane walk away holding his fist.

"Is Carol okay?" I asked turning around.

"Yeah, she's fine baby." Rick said pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry for everything." He mumbled into my hair, but I pulled back.

Seriously?

"Now you apologize? After I get hurt? You're a real piece of work." I scolded walking away.

I went into my tent and grabbed my black medical bag.

I pulled out an instant cold pack and broke it open. I placed the freezing cold pouch to my jaw.

I could tell it was already very swollen,
Oh my gosh, I should go check on that man that helped me.

I grabbed a bottle of alcohol and some bandages.

I stopped in front of his tent.

"Shane?" I called softly, and just heard him grunt in response.

"I was just wondering if you wanted me to clean up your knuckles. I was a nurse." I explained to him.

He unzipped his tent and stepped out.

"I'm sorry he hit you." He apologized to me.

"It's wasn't your fault. I'm the one who opened my big mouth." I told him, opening the bottle of alcohol.

"This is going to sting." I warned.

When I touched his open cuts with the rag he didn't even flinch.

After I wiped all the blood away I grabbed the roll of gauze.

"So you were a nurse before all this?" He asked, studying my face.

"Ya. I was, At memorial." I explained.

After I wrapping his hand I stood up.

"You probably shouldn't beat anyone up for about a week." I advised laughing.

"No lollipop?" He asked smirking.

"Aren't you a big boy?" I asked him.

"I am. But I still like sweet things." He winked at me, and I just rolled my eyes.

After I put my belongings back into my tent I sat down by the fire.

Amy looked over at me and winced.

"That bad?" I asked.

"Yes." Her and Andrea said in sync.

I offered them both a small smile and then leaned back in my chair.

"This day has been exciting." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, and it's about to her better." Andrea mumbled as a roar of a motor cycle engine sounded.

..authors note..
A roar of an engine!!! Who is it? Can you guess? Probably... was this chapter okay? Too long? Too short? Not enough detail? Too much detail???? Please let me know by commenting and voting!