Chapter 15

Jessica's POV
"You're so slow!" Carl wined as I hobbled my way down to the creek.

"Oh hush. I can't run downhill like you, I'm old remember?" I responded chuckling.

Carl has this thing where he constantly reminds me that I'm getting older.

"Ya I remember." Carl laughed running away from me.

"Don't slip." I warned him, chuckling slightly.

"Look a frog!" Carl cooed.

"Think we can catch it?" I asked looking over at the little boy who was gleaming at the amphibian.

"If you catch that frog for me, I'll never call you old again." Carl said still in awe.

Wow, never being called old again? I don't believe that, but if this makes him happy then I guess so.

"Deal." I shook his hand and then slowly made my way up to the frog.

I snatched it up quickly as Carl started giggling with excitement.

"Here ya go." I said trying to hand the slimy creature over.

"Will you carry it up the hill for me?" Carl asked, his eyes pleading with me.

Damn, why do I have a soft spot for this kid?

I just nodded my head and started making my way back up the hill.

"Hey what's that?" Glenn asked when I got to the top.

"Wanna see?" I asked him, winking at Carl.

"Ya sure." Glenn replied smiling.

I pushed the frog into his face, he squealed and moved back.

"Give it a kiss Glenn, make him your prince." I said laughing.

"What's going on?" Rick asked walking up behind me.

"Glenn has a boyfriend." I told rick, showing him the frog.

"Ewh go put that thing back." He said wincing away from it.

I handed it over to Carl and walked over to rick.

"Do not touch me." Rick said stepping back. Obviously he knew my intentions.

I stepped towards him and grabbed his face with my hands, I kissed his forehead and then stepped back.

"I'm going to go scrub my face." Rick said laughing and waking away after he blushed.

"Carl! Get over here!" Lori yelled waving her finger.

Why does she always get mad when carls around me? It's not like I'm trying to steal him because I'm dating his dad.

"Here." Carl mumbled handing the frog back over to me.

"I'll go with you to put it back." Glenn offered and I nodded my head.

After we both made our way down to the creek, I gently placed the frog on a rock that was half-in, half-out of the flowing water.

"Rinse off your hands, dirty." Glenn told me crossing his arms.

"Whatever you say, frog kisser." I mumbled the last part, but he heard me because the next thing I knew I was being pushed into the water.

"You bitch!" I yelped as the freezing water frosted my skin.

Goosebumps instantly rose.

Glenn doubled over in laughter and I could help but join in.

"Okay, you had your fun. Now help me out." I said putting my hands out.

He wiped a tear from the corner of his eyes and placed his hand in mine.