Chapter 18

Daryl's POV
"Daryl, I'm scared." Jessica whispered from the seat next to me.

I didn't know what to say, it'll be okay? Nah, cause it might not be.

"Well, if we can't find the group, at least you have someone with you." Dammit.

"Oh. Well yeah, I guess it's not as bad as it could be then." She said hopefully, looking over at me.

"Shit!" I yelled as a horde of walkers stood between us and the other vehicles.

Me and Jessica almost flew through the windshield with how fast I stopped.

I started honking the horn in hopes that they would stop, but they didn't.

"Daryl." Jessica cried from next to me.

"I won't let you die." I mumbled, putting the truck into reverse.

A walker slammed his head on the passenger side window, causing Jessica to practically jump onto my lap.

She sat so close after that, I could tell she was terrified.

I backed up the truck until I was a far distance away from the horde of people eaters.

Jessica was still whimpering next to me.

How do you comfort a girl?

I patted her back a few times then stopped and left my hand on her back.

She laid her head on my shoulder and continued to cry.

"I'm sorry." She whispered sniffling.

I grunted. "For what?"

"For acting like a baby in front of you." She lifted her head and her eyes met
Mine.

She had very beautiful eyes, two shades of green made a gorgeous color.

"It's okay. I get it, sometimes I want to just break down too." I admitted.

"You should. It's not good to hold it all in Daryl." The way she said my name almost made me want to smile.

"I don't need to now." I said driving the car in a U way, and driving down the way to our old camp.

"Why not?" Jessica questioned.

"Cause I know we're going to find them. And then you can go run to your pony boy." I answered, implying rick as pony boy.

"I'm actually going to break up with rick." She whispered, scooting back into her own seat.

"Why?" I asked, turning down another road.

"Because his wife and son are here. I kinda feel like the home wrecker, and he should be with Lori, I mean he says he doesn't like her. But he did get married to her, so there has to be something between them." She replied, crossing her arms and sighing.

"Is that what you want?" I asked.

"I just want him to be happy." She answered, looking out the window.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"What about your happiness." I answered.

"It doesn't matter about me. Id rather have rick be with his family, then for me to be with him. I don't even know if I like him, well I mean I do. But I just don't feel like I did in the beginning. Knowing that he's only a few meters away from his wife... It just doesn't feel the same." She doesn't like rick anymore?

"What about that Chinese kid?" I asked with a chuckle.

"He's Korean actually. But, I don't like him either. I guess I just used him to make rick jealous, I know it was a dick thing to do." She said truthfully.

"It would've made me hella jealous." I told her, glancing over for just a moment.

"Oh whatever." She said chuckling.

"I'm being serious. You're very beautiful, and very helpful being a nurse and all. You got a good sense of
Humor, and you have a good heart." I don't know why I was saying all this to her. I didn't like her already.. Right?

"You don't have to just say that." I could tell she didn't believe me.

I pulled the truck into the woods and parked it.

"Jessica. Everything I just said was true." I looked right into her icy green eyes.

I hint of a smile formed on her lips.

"Thanks Daryl." She whispered.

I just nodded and sat there for a moment, thinking about our next move.

Jessica scooted closer to me until our faces were so close I could feel her minty breath on my neck.

She started leaning forward then pulled back.

She looked up at me for reassurance and I smiled.

She pushed her lips to mine quickly then looked back at me.

She then started to kiss me and again and put her arms around my neck. Putting her fingers into my hair.

I didn't know what to do, this is just cause she's feeling guilty about rick.

But I have to admit, I like the way she gets back at him.

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she pushed us closer together.

God dammit.

"We can't tell anyone about this." I whispered pulling away.

"Agreed." She whispered back. Then she placed her lips to mine again.

..Authors note.. Please read..
Alright, so what is going on??!! Why is Jessica sleeping with everybody?? But to your dismay, Daryl and her are not going to do.. It... Daryl is too much of a man, and couldn't take advantage of a vulnerable Jessica. Don't forget to vote and comment!!