Chapter 8

Jessica's POV
After about ten minutes, Glenn pulled the car into a narrow dirt driveway.

Instantly people started to scatter and a well built, tanned man opened the car good and killed the alarm.

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to everyone." Glenn said with a sweet, welcoming smile.

I opened the car door and stepped out into the Georgia heat. I'll probably never get used to the humidity.

Glenn had given me his jacket so I wasn't just in my scrubs. It was hot having it on, but I hate my scrubs.

As soon as I walked over to Glenn I was tackled to the ground.

"I thought you were dead." Rick whispered into my hair.

I stood back up and brushed the dirt off of the back of my pants.

"So, let's go." Glenn said clapping his hands together.

"Where are you going?" Rick asked stepping towards me.

"Glenn's going to show me around." I said with the sweetest smile I could make.

"This is amy, Andreas sister." Glenn told me as Amy gave me a friendly wave.

"You know morales. This is Miranda, Louis and Eliza." He pointed to his family.

"You'll meet my brother soon sweet ass." Merle said making a kissy face.

"Oh goody. Maybe he'll think if a better nick name." I said dismissing him.

"I'm dale." A short haired man said walking up to us.

"Nice to meet you." I said smiling.

"It's nice to have a doctor around." He complimented, pointing out my scrubs.

"I was a nurse actually." I corrected.

"Either way, it's a lot safer now." He told me patting my shoulder.

"This is carol, her husband Ed, and their daughter Sophia." Glenn introduced.

"Nice to meet you." I said shaking carols hand.

"You're very pretty." Sophia praised putting her hand out for me to shake.

"Thank you. I love your bow." I chuckled as she said thank you.

I was going to shake Ed's hand, but he just grunted at me and walked away.

"He's... I'll explain later." Glenn mumbled walking away.

"I would introduce you to the other three, but they're in their tent. So you'll meet them at the campfire tonite." Glenn told me.

Rick POV
When he first arrived at camp
I can't believe they just left Jessica there. She's probably scared, and hungry.

I quickly wiped away a tear that was starting to form in my eye and pulled into a dirt road.

Morales had gotten up front to help direct me to their camp.

I pulled the truck forward and put it into park, shutting off the engine.

I could really use a pick-me-up

I opened the truck door and froze.

Is this real?

Carl ran at me with full force. I clung to him a cried.

"I missed you dad." He mumbled into my neck.

Then Lori ran over and tackled me in a hug.

"I didn't think id ever see you again." She cried into my chest.