Chapter 13

Jessica's POV
Holy hell. Merle has probably hit every bump on the road. My ass hurts so bad I'm thinking about chopping it off.

"Okay, we're here." Merle grunted as he stepped out of the truck.

"Was that necessary? To hit every pothole?" Glenn asked as he helped me out of the truck.

"Wouldn't want a perfectly good, 4-wheel truck to go to waste." Merle said smiling at me.

"You realize that Jessica doesn't weigh much, she was practically being thrown everywhere." Glenn added.

"Alright. Stop arguing. Who cares if she hurt her butt?" Andrea whisper/yelled.

"I care." I said turning towards her.

"This is why I said we shouldn't have brought her." Andrea spat, walking towards the store.

"Asshole." I mumbled under my breath.

"She'll lighten up." Glenn told me as we all walked into the store.

"Okay, Merle and I will go look for stuff that matters. While Glenn and.. Jessica go play doctor." She spit out my name like it left a bad taste in her mouth.

"You'll think differently when you or Amy are sick." I informed her.

I starting walking towards the back of the store, but first, I bumped shoulders with Andrea.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Glenn asked me as he searched around for pills.

"Anything really. Alcohol, bandages, gauze, any pills really." I told him.

I found some breathing tubes so I threw them into my bag. You never know what you're going to need.

Glenn was mumbling to himself, but I couldn't quite tell what he was saying.

"Talking to yourself?" I asked as I placed a box of gauze into my bag.

"Something like that." He chuckled. "Should I grab oxycotton?"

"No. That's very bad, it can easily kill a person." I said looking at him.

"Guess it's a good thing you came then." He complimented smiling and setting the pills back down on the shelf.

"And also.. I think we need to talk." He added.

"What about?" I asked throwing two bottles of alcohol into my duffle bag.

"About the first n.. night you got here." He stuttered.

Damn, I knew he was going to bring that up.

"There's nothing to talk about. It was an accident, I was just trying to get back at Rick, you said that yourself." I told him regretfully.

"You're a nice guy and all, but just.. Not my type I guess. And I was already with Rick." I also said.

"It's cool. I get it." He said forcing a smile.

"Glenn don't be like that." I begged him.

"Really Jess. I knew it was too good to be true." He barely whispered.

Why do I have to feel so bad?

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

After a minute he leaned into my touch and returned the hug.

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" He asked after a moment.

I chuckled and stepped away from him.

"It's a super power." I said sarcastically

"I wonder if they've had any luck finding food." Glenn wondered out loud..