Chapter 35

Shane's POV
I woke up with sunlight streaming through the window, I looked to my left to see the bed empty next to me.

Jessica must be up making breakfast or something.

I had just put on  my boots when I heard a scream.

Jessica!

I ran out of the front door to see Jessica laying on the ground with a walker on top of her.

I quickly ran over and stabbed the monster in the head. 

"What happened?" I asked as Jessica crawled onto my lap and I noticed about five dead walkers on the ground.

"I heard a noise, and I thought I could take care of it." She was whimpering on my lap.

"It's okay. You're safe now." I whispered to her, she held me around my neck as I held her around the waist.

"Are you hurt?" I asked her, realizing she could have been bit or scratched.

She shook her head.

"No, I just fell. But I'm fine." She whispered.

I stood up with her still in my arms and carried her inside.

I placed her on the couch and stood back up.

"I'm going to go take a perimeter check." I told her.

"Wait Shane." She stood up and walked over to me.

"I don't want you to leave." She whimpered, hugging me again.

I really should go check around, see if anymore geeks are on their way.

"Jessica, I have to..." she cut me off.

"Then let me go with you. I don't want to be by myself." She whispered, pulling away.

I looked into her eyes, then the floor, then back to her eyes.

"Fine." She smiled at my  answer.

"Go get your gun." I ordered.

She listened to what I said and went into our bedroom.

When she came back she was tucking her gun into the waistband of her jeans.

"Stay by me okay? I don't want you running off nowhere." She nodded at me.

When we stepped outside she grabbed my arm, "you're okay princess." I whispered, kissing the top of her head.

We walked around for a little bit, just talking about stupid stuff about before the apocalypse.

"Any cool stories from when you were a police man?" She asked me.

"Well there was this one time me and rick were on duty, we got a call about some pregnant lady being in a car accident. We got there and it was real bad. she was real bloody, rick went in the ambulance with her. Never figured out what happened to the baby though." I look of pain crossed her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, immediately hugging her.

"She lost the baby.." She whispered.

"What? How do you know?" I asked worried.

"I was that lady, I lost my child that night." Her eyes started to water.

"I'm so sorry." I pulled her close to me as she sniffled.

"You didn't recognize me?" She asked, looking up into my eyes.

"Well you had a little more weight on you back then." She chuckled at what I said and took my hands in hers.

"That night wasn't a complete loss though. I met rick." She told me.

I instantly felt my jaw clench at the mention of Ricks name.

"Don't do that." She scolded, lightly touching my jaw.

I averted my eyes away from her.

"Don't act childish shane. You know me and him were serious. Just like I know that you and Lori were serious."

I stayed quiet.

"Right? You an Lori got real cuddled up in her and ricks house. Rick would come crying to my house about how you were ripping apart his family." She had an angry look in her eyes.

"Jessica, calm down." I touched her arm but she flinched away.

"And since when did you start to actually care about me? When you relized how close me and rick were? You just had to have what he did right? Lori... then me." Her voice cracked at the end.

I raised my hand to start talking but she flinched... she thought I was going I hit her.

"Jess... I wasn't going to hit you." Her eyes brimmed with tears as she started to walk away.

"Jessica!" I ran after her and grabbed her arm, turning her around to face me.

"Why would you think I would hit you?" I asked, honestly a little hurt.

"I've been hit before." She whispered.

I pulled her to my chest as she cried, "who hit you Jess?"

It was silent for a few moments.

"C'mon Jess." I urged lightly.

"Rick." She croaked out.

Rick used to hit her? Things started to make sense now.

When her cheek was bruised back in Atlanta.. The one time I ran into her and the store and she had a black eye.

She looked up into my eyes, and for once I saw her real story, and ricks.

"I won't ever let anyone hurt you ever again. I love you Jessica, and I mean it."

She smiled a little which caused me to smile.

"I know you do." I kissed her forehead and we stood there for a moment, just enjoying each others company.

"I thought you had a thing for Daryl." I mentioned.

She looked up at me as her cheeks turned red, "it wasn't a thing. Just something different than rick at the time."

"Do you want to go back inside?" I offered.

She nodded her head and we went hand in hand back to the cabin.

How did I get so lucky to get stuck with her?

....authors note....
Okay! Next chapter will take part in ricks point of view when they all first got separated!!! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!!