Chapter 30

Jessica's POV
"So that's what happened right before I was shot." I explained everything to her.

From me loosing my baby boy, to the sickness starting, then rick being  abusive.

I also explained what happened between me and Daryl, then me and Shane.

"It sounds like you have a dilemma." She was deep in thought, I could tell that.

"I just don't know  what to do." I admitted, feeling the familiar stinging feeling in my eyes.

She put my hands in hers and looked at me dead in the eyes.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"You have history with rick. But you sound like you an Daryl connect." She explained.

"I just don't know what to do." I whined, she pulled me into her arms and she sighed.

"Why don't you to talk rick about this? Maybe he would make the decision for you." 

I nodded and sniffled.

What's the worst that could happen, right?

"Can you go get rick for me? Please." She smiled and nodded, walking out of the room.

Okay, how am I going to say this?

I twiddled my thumbs and noticed how bad my bones stuck out, I was definitely loosing weight.

It felt like an eternity waiting on the bed.

I tried distracting myself by counting the stripes on the curtains, and fixing my hair.

"Jessica?" Rick opened the door slightly and smiled, but concern showed through.

Oh no, I already feel bad about this.

I patted the bed next to me an he sat down.

"I need to ta..." he quickly cut me off.

"Before you say anything, I just wanted to show you something." He started.

A girl about my age walked into the room, my protectiveness instantly kicked in as I grabbed my knife from the bed side table and went to get up, rick grabbed my waist and pulled me back down.

"Jessica, calm down. This is carrie, she's new, we just picked her up today." I slowly sat down, but never put my knife back on the light brown night side table.

"Hi." She said perky, reaching her hand out for me to shake.

I stared at her for a moment before shaking her hand,  she smiled at the gesture and stepped back.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked me, looking quickly at Carrie, then back at me.

"Oh, it's nothing." I mumbled.

He nodded his head and we both turned back to the girl.

"I'm so grateful that you all let me stay here." She praised, looking directly at rick.

"It's no problem." Rick said as she extended her arm to him.

He gently took it and gave it a small shake.

By the way her eyes gleamed and her pupils dilated, I could tell she like him.

I know it's immature, but I was jealous.

I wrapped my arms around ricks waist and laid my head on his shoulder.

He kissed the top of my head.