Chapter 12

Jessica's POV
I don't know why, but it actually felt nice to tell Glenn what happened.

I've never really talked to anyone about it, rick never brought it up. It's always been too hard to.

"So you and rick are good now?" Glenn asked me as we started walking down the dirt path back to camp.

"Ya, I guess so." I answered kicking a rock out into the woods.

"Ya, that's cool I guess." He mumbled.

"Don't worry bud. I'll find you a girl." I laughed, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Oh lookie, there's your man now." Glenn whispered into my ear, causing me to Giggle.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Rick asked walking towards me and Glenn.

"Yup. Everything fine." I answered smiling at Glenn, who walked towards the RV. Probably to go talk to dale.

"What did he want?" Rick asked after I looked back a him.

"Oh, nothing. Just asking if... uh... us girls had everything we needed." I said, hoping he would leave it at that.

"Whatever you say." He mumbled giving me his signature side smile.

"Hey blondie, mind helping me with something real quick?" Merle asked stopping in front of me.

"Uh, sure." I replied, giving him a sweet smile.

"Duty calls." I told rick who chuckled at my comment.

I walked away, getting in step with Merle.

"What's going on?" I asked after we walked a little ways away from Rick.

"I have to go on a run later today. And we need medical supplies. I was just wondering if you would go, cause I don't know any of that doctor shit." He told me, his eyes practically begging me.

"Nice way to put it redneck." I replied and his face hardened, but the corner
Of his lips twitched up, almost forming a hint of a smile.

"I don't know Merle. I should probably stay here..." I said looking around so he wouldn't see me smiling.

"Oh c'mon blondie. I'll make it worth your while." He said winking at me.

"Oh, Ewh. Actually I'll pass on that offer. But ya, I'll go on the run with you. Is it just us going?" I asked crossing my arms and looking behind me to see an impatient rick.

"Nah, me, you, Glenn and Andrea." Merle said biting his nails.

"You shouldn't do that." I informed him.

"Do what princess?" He asked tilting his head at me.

"Bite your nails, it's a bad habit." I said winking and walking away.

"Call me when it's time to go." I yelled over my shoulder.

"Go where?" Rick asked pulling me into his chest.

"I'm going on a run. And before you stress out, I have to go. They need medical supplies." I added looking up into his frosty blue eyes.

Before he could open his mouth Carl
Ran up to him.

"Dad! Dad! Shane wants to take me frog hunting. Can I go? Huh dad? Please please please?" Carl was pulling on his jacket.

"Okay okay." Rick said chuckling. "I want you to stay in sight though. Make sure dale or someone can see you."

Carl ran off so fast I thought he was going to tumble to the ground.

"You sure made him happy." I said giggling.

"I can make you happy too." He said kissing my neck.

"Rick stop. Not here." I laughed pushing him away.

"Ready to go princess?" Merle yelled to me.

"Yup." I called back.

"Princess?" Rick asked amused.

"Ya, I'm a princess, didn't ya know?" I answered.

"Here, take this." Rick said pulling a pistol from his belt loop.

"Be safe. I love you." Rick added kissing my forehead.

"Love you too." I replied taking the gun and sliding it into the waist band of my jeans.

I took off Glenn's jacket that I was still wearing, and exchanged it for a tight, light brown, leather jacket that rick had grabbed me from my house.

I also put on a pair of my black skinny jeans.

Glenn's whistled when I walked over and I just rolled my eyes.

Andrea scuffed and turned away from me. What's her problem?

"How are we riding?" I asked Merle as he handed me a dark red duffle bag.

"The truck." He grunted walking around the vehicle and getting in the drivers seat.

Andrea got in the passenger side, which left me and Glenn to sit in the bed of the truck.

He pulled down the tailgate and put his hand out to help me up.

I gladly took it and jumped into the back.

"Ready?" Merle called from the front.

Glenn banged twice on the back window to signal we were good, and the truck started moving.

Authors note
Sorry for the short, boring chapter!! I'll make the next one super action packed and long! Do you think everyone will come back from the run? Will somebody get hurt??? I don't know yet either!! Keep reading to find out;)