Chapter 32

Jessica's POV
I opened my eyes and rolled over.

Rick was still asleep in the tent next to me.

I smiled thinking about yesterday, but then shivered at the memory of what happened after.

At least Carl is safe, that's what's important.

I pushed some hair out of ricks eyes and he sighed.

"How long have you been up?" He asked me in a very tired voice.

"I just woke up." I answered in a quiet tone.

It was still fairly dark outside, probably about four or five in the morning.

"It's still early. Go back to bed." I whispered to him.

He nodded then put his arms around me, pulling me close to him.

He let out a sigh of contentment.

I ran my fingers over his chest and made little designs.

It kept me occupied for a little while.

We laid like this for about 20 minutes.

His breathing evened out, showing that he fell back asleep.

I carefully escaped his grasp and put my boots on, I laced them up then put my hair into a loose, high ponytail.

I put on one of my red flannel shirts and then stretched.

I guess I should go outside and see if anyone else is awake.

I unzipped the tent and stepped out, the warm air immediately tingling my skin.

"Morning." Dale greeted from on top of the RV.

I waved at him then noticed that Shane was sitting up there with him.

Maybe I should have a talk with Shane.

"Dale, go get some sleep. I'll take watch with Shane." I said up to him.

He gave me a grateful smile and then climbed down the ladder, handing me his hunting rifle.

"Thank you Jessica." He praised.

"No problem." I replied.

I climbed up the ladder and sat where dale had previously been sitting.

There was a lingering silence.

"We need to talk." I finally spoke.

"Yeah Jess, we do." He agreed.

I took a deep breath and turned my chair around to face him.

"I'm with rick, and... so I... we can't...." I just didn't know how to word it.

"Don't explain yourself to me Jess. I get it, rick is handsome right? And he has a kid. Oh yes, little Carl." The way he was talking was scaring me.

"Little Carl grimes, and now you're married to his pa right? You expect him to call you mommy? You expect everything to be okay?"

"Shane I...." A loud, ear piercing scream filled the air.

I looked around to see Patricia getting a big bite take out of her arm.

"No!" I yelled, aiming my gun for the walker and shooting it right between the eyes.

"Holy shit..." I whispered.

A huge horde of walkers was making it way right for us.

Me and Shane ran down the ladder and started to wake everyone up.

I ran into ricks tent, "rick baby. We need to leave, right now." I tugged in his arm and he stumbled to a standing position.

"What's wrong?" He asked, putting on a pair of pants.

"There's hundreds of walkers, heading right towards us." I explained, that sent him into a panic mode.

I ran out of the tent as he started to pack.

People were running around like crazy, I heard another scream and looked to my right and saw jimmy getting bit in the neck.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I saw our group getting eaten.

Sophia was laying on the ground, dead and bloody. Carol was kneeling over her crying.

Beth was being ripped apart by two walkers, Maggie was being drug away by Glenn.

I started to sob, looking around.

I have to go find rick.

Just as I was about to start running I was stopped.

A pair of strong arms grabbed me and started pulling me backwards.

My first instinct was that it was a walker, but I turned around to see that it was only Shane.

"C'mon Jess, we have to go." He started to pull me towards his truck.

"No! We can't leave rick. We can't leave them all." I was crying even harder now.

Shane threw me over his shoulder as he jogged to his red truck.

I was placed into the passenger seat as he jumped into the drivers.

"No!" I screamed, trying to open the door, stupid child locks.

"We have to go. They'll be safe." He started to drive away as I looked through the back window.

It was a hot mess back there, walkers, blood, bodies, and the living were everywhere.

I cried as I pulled my knees up to my head.

Quiet sob racked my body.

"Are you okay?" Shane asked, already knowing the answer.

"No Shane. I'm not, I couldn't have helped those other people. But you took me away!" I screamed at him, putting emphasis on the word you.

"I was saving your life Jessica." He told me, trying not to raise his voice.

"You were being selfish! You're an asshole Shane. Fuck you! Let me out of this damn truck." I ordered.

He pulled over and stopped the truck.

"Listen to me Jessica. I pulled you out of there to save your life, if it weren't for me your would be dead."

More tears blurred my vision, "fuck you Shane!" I yelled, pushing his chest.

He grabbed my arms, "calm down jess." He told me.

I tried pulling away, but it was no use.

I finally broke down and stopped struggling.

Shane let go of my arms and wrapped his around me.

I laid my head on his chest and continued to cry. I cried for Beth, for jimmy and Sophia. For carol, maggie, and rick. I cried for our situation.

Shane continued to hold onto my as I balled.

He rubbed my back, and whispered soothing words to me to get me to calm down.

"It okay baby girl. It's okay." I didn't even care that he was acting like I was his, I just felt so broke.

"Where are we going to go?" I asked, still not pulling away from him.

"I'm not sure yet." He replied.

"I'm scared Shane." I croaked.

"It's okay. I promise that I won't let anything happen to you." He reassured me.

I looked up into his eyes and nodded my head.

"Do you want to get back on the road?" He asked me.

"No.. Not yet." I whispered, holding into him still.

He nodded his head and sighed.

...Authors note...
Oh no!! A herd!!! I'm sorry for killing Beth off so early guys, I really am. But what do you think is going to happen? Do you think rick will die?! Will Jessica and Shane become a thing? Will anyone else die? Like Carl, Lori, Amy, Carol, Hershel???!!!! I'm scared to find out!! Vote an comment my lovelies:)