Chapter 11

Jessica's POV
Glenn was pulling me to an unknown destination and every second he didn't tell me what was going on, my level of panic increased.

The only thoughts racing through my head were, is someone hurt? Did somebody get bit? Is someone dead?

"Glenn please tell me what's..."

He then stopped abruptly and I ran in to the back of him.

"Oh my god." I mumbled stepping back.

"Sorry." He whispered putting his hat back on.

"It's fine, now What's going on?" I asked still worried.

He was moving around nervously and then finally made eye contact with me.

This was only filling me with more distress.

"I need to tell you something. But you have to promise not to tell anyone." He looked really scared.

I stayed silent for a moment, gauging his mood.

"Jessica!" He shouted.

"Yes... ya I promise." I stuttered nodding my head.

"Ok then... um." He stuttered, still looking around.

"Just tell me." I assured him, touching his arm.

"Lori thinks she's pregnant." He blurted out.

"Oh my god. Are you serious?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"And I have something else to tell you." He lowered his voice now.

"What is it?" I asked and he swallowed hard.

"Spit it out!" I shouted after a few silent moments.

"We didn't use protection either." That hit me like a bullet.

"Um.. We um.. We Don't have to worry about that." I mumbled, trying to control my breathing.

"What? Why not?" He asked confused.

"I can't have kids." I whispered.

His face fell.

"Jessica, I'm really sorry." He pleaded.

"There's nothing for you to apologize for, it's not your fault." I told him, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

We stood there for a long awkward moment.

"Why can't you?" He asked out of curiosity.

"I got into a bad car accident when I was pregnant, and it ripped my uterus.
I can't physically hold a child in me." I whispered as the warm tears started to fall down my face.

"Don't cry." He said pulling me into a hug.

I was going to pull away but a sob racked my body.

Memories of me loosing the baby flooded my memory.

Flashback

I sat in that hospital bed for three hours waiting for the doctor to come in and tell me if that baby's okay.

The sheriff that helped me here is still sitting in the chair by my bed, I guess he's as curious as me to see the well being of my baby boy.

I've never been a religious person, but right now, I haven't stopped praying.

"God, if you're there. Can you please make sure that my baby is safe, he's the most important thing to me right now. Amen." I kept repeating over and over in my head.

Finally the tall doctor entered my room

"How's the baby? Is he still alive?"
I asked hopefully, sitting up.

He took a deep breath in and then sighed.

"I'm really sorry miss.Baker, but your baby didn't make the car crash. And I regretfully inform you that your uterus isn't able to process eggs anymore. You won't be able to carry a child. I'm so sorry for your loss." The doctor looked over my chart one last time and then left the room.

No, this cannot be happening. Not my baby. I was so close to finally being able to hold him, to kiss his little baby face.

To be able to smell that new baby smell, and be able to teach him his first word, watch him take his first steps. To watch him ride a bike for the first time, and then kiss his knee when he falls off.

To be able to hold him in a thunderstorm and tell him everything's going to be okay. And see him have his first crush, then tell him how to impress her. To give him away at his wedding and help him eventually take care of his own child, for him to be with me until I died of old age.

But all of that it shattered. Gone. I won't ever be able to have that.

End of flashback

My world felt shattered for a second time, I hadn't thought about the miscarriage since it happened.

"I'm sorry Glenn." I whispered, trying to compose myself.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault either. Why don't we go back to camp okay?" He smiled sweetly at me.

"What are we going to do about Lori?" I asked wiping my nose.

"I'm not sure, but well figure it out later. Okay?" He responded.

"Alright china man. Let's go." I said smiling.

He just rolled his eyes at me, and we both started walking back to camp.

...Authors note... please read ...
Guys, don't forget to vote! AND comment please!!! This chapter made me dad when I wrote it. What do you think about it?