Chapter 17

Ricks POV
Jessica is asleep in our tent, and I've noticed Shane walking by and stoping in front of the door once in a while.

I don't know what he's trying to do, but it doesn't look good.

"Rick please..." Lori started talking but I quickly stopped her.

"Don't talk." I ordered, and Lori quickly shut up.

"This isn't fair." Andrea blurted out, staring me straight in the eye, acting like she intimidated me or something.

She was far from it, I saw past her hard shell, she didn't scare me one bit.

"Neither was you jumping Jessica earlier when she was defenseless." I snapped, she rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Why do you care so much? It's not like you're married and have a kid with her." Lori interjected.

"She also isn't a heartless bitch." I snapped, they both looked away from me.

I still haven't found out what to do about them yet, but they definitely aren't off the hook.

Jessica doesn't seem to have any really bad injuries, but she just hasn't eaten. Her stomach hurts too bad.

"What are you going to do to us? Make us stand in the corner?" Andrea asked with a sarcastic tone and tilting her head.

"Nope. For now, I want Lori to grab everyone's laundry and do it all on her own. And Andrea, go empty the septic tank on the RV." Andreas face instantly fell.

"The septic tank? That's disgusting. I'm not doing that." Andrea told me, crossing her arms.

I stood up and stood right in front of her in front of her.

"You are going to do it, and if you don't. I will not hesitate to disband you from this group. How does surviving on your own sound?" Her eyes are opened wide by now.

She looked behind me to see Amy shake her head at her and walk away.

They both gave me a scowl and went off into the directions of which I told them to go.

"Rick! She's getting up!" Shane called from across camp.

I walked quickly over to the tent to see Shane helping Jessica sit up.

"I can get her." I mumbled, taking Jessica's other side, supporting her lower back so she could sit up straight.

"How are you doing?" I asked, already knowing I'm going to get a smart ass answer.

"What do you think officer?" She replied with tiredness still husky in her voice.

"I wanna stand up." She commanded, me and Shane immediately started to help her to her feet.

Shane held onto her hand or a little more than he should, Jessica quickly shook his hand from hers.

"I got her Shane." I mumbled taking Jessica's hand as she carefully stepped out of the tent.

The bright afternoon light caused her to squint, and her steps were still uneasy.

"How are you feeling baby?" I asked after she sat down in a lawn chair.

"Well, my stomach is still sore. But other than that, I feel fine. Just hungry I guess." She chuckled a little.

"Do you want dry cereal? Oatmeal? Daryl brought back some squirrel." I offered, but she didn't seem too interested in that.

"I have a can of spray cheese in our tent." I remember that she always used to love that stuff.

She nodded eagerly as I smiled.

"I'll be right back." I said kissing the top of her head.

When I returned, Carl and Jessica were sitting together on the ground.

I handed the cheese to Jessica and she immediately opened it.

She sprayed a little on her finger, then a little on carls.

They both licked the cheese off and laughed.

These are the moment that keep me from going crazy.

"You ready to go frog catchin' again?" Carl asked Jessica as they both licked another line of sharp cheddar cheese off of their index fingers.

"Not today bud, but I do know something else I could do that's fun." Jessica replied, carls face lit up in anticipation for what Jess what going to do.

"Close your eyes." She ordered in a sweet voice.

Next thing I know there is a smear of cheese on carls face.

Jessica fell back laughing as Carl joined in her laughing.

The two of them sat there laughing for a minute, it was contagious.

Multiple people from around camp joined into there non stop giggling, even me.

I looked behind me to see Lori roll her eyes and then continue washing the mound of dirty clothes that she had next to her.

"Go wash your face off Carl." I said still with a little laughter in my voice.

He set off to the creek to wash the sticky cheese off of his face.

"I love you, officer." Jessica said looking up at me.

"You're just saying that cause I gave you spray cheese." I smiled sitting in front of her, where Carl was previously sitting.

"Maybe.." She smirked.

"No, I mean it." She said, putting the cap on the cheese.

"Then I love you too." I answered as she smiled.

She looked behind me for a quick moment before her face got stern.

"Here comes trouble." She murmured.

"Rick!" Loris raspy voice called.

"What do you..." my voiced trailed off as I saw a huge group of the dead things following after her and Carl.

"Everyone grab your shit and get in a vehicle, now!" I yelled as everyone scattered.

I picked up Jessica and placed her in Daryl's blue pick up truck.

"Why here?" She asked worried.

"I know he'll keep you safe." I answered kissing her lips briefly.

I grabbed our stuff and very quickly threw it into the back of Daryl's truck.

I ran to the drivers side of the green ford fiesta and started to speed off after the RV.

I really hope everyone made it into a vehicle safe.

I only have Carl, Lori, Amy, and t-dog in my little car.

Jesus, please let them all be okay.

..authors note.... Please read..
OH NO! A horde! Did everyone make it out safe?? I really hope so! But with how messed up I am, probably not.. IF any one got left behind, who do you think it is? Do you think a vehicle will get split off from everyone? Will someone get shot? Will an asteroid hit earth??!!! Okay, probably not the last one... But The suspense is killing me!! Okay lovelies, keep reading:)