Chapter 7

Jessica's POV
After a short explanation from rick, we all decided to head down stairs.

"Are you sure you want to so this?" I asked rick as we made out way to the bottom floor.

"Ya baby, I'm sure. I'm going to get us all out of here. Alive." He answered me as we reached the first floor of the department store.

There was a dead freak on the floor so Rick walked over to it.

"Give me your knife." Rick commanded me and I handed my only weapon over.

He started cutting up the smelly body and Glenn looked like he was going to vomit at any moment.

"Oh this is bad. This is really bad." He kept mumbling to himself.

"Just think of puppies and kittens." Jacqui told him, trying to calm him down.

"Dead puppies and kittens." I mumbled and Glenn lost his lunch.

He looked up at me and gave me a death glare, that still had a hint of humor in it "Thanks." He growled at me, I couldn't help but smirk at what I just did.

"Okay, let's do this." Rick said as t-dog hung a pair of hands over Glenn's neck.

"Please be safe." I said and kissed rick quickly on the lips.

"You too china man." I told Glenn ruffling his hair.

"In Korean." He stated cringing at the rotting flesh that was smeared all over his skinny body.

"Whatever." I said waving my hand in a dismissing way.

Merle chuckled as he turned away.

"Let's go." Rick said stepping towards the back door, the front door was being pounded on by freaks.

"Remember the plan?" Rick asked me and I nodded.

After they went outside, me, Merle, Jacqui, andrea, t-dog and morales all went back up the metal stairs.

"Don't worry sweet ass, if your man don't come back, I'll take real good care of ya." Merle said winking at me and moving his tongue around in a sexual way.

I rolled my eyes. "Not even in your dreams redneck." I responded, earning and chuckle from Jacqui, t-dog and morales.

"You'll take up the offer one day." He said walking away.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I mumbled.

"I see them!" Andrea exclaimed looking over the roof.

We all ran over to the edge and watched the boys whirl through the mob of rotting, resurrected dead people.

I felt a drop of water on my arm so I looked up.

"Oh no." I whispered as morales looked at me with the same thought I'm guessing.

"It's going to rain, it's going to wash of their disguise." Jacqui breathed as she started to pace.

I guess Glenn and Rick noticed as well because as soon as the rain started coming down, they made a break for the fence.

Glenn went over first and rick soon followed after him.

I let out a long breath that I didn't know I was holding when I saw them both safe on the other side of the chain linked fence.

"Let's go." T-dog said as he grabbed the tool bag and started running down the stairs to get out.

Everyone silently followed after him.

"Grab that bag!" Morales shouted at me, I slowed down a bit and grabbed a blue duffle bag from the corner of the store.

All of a sudden the glass doors broke, allowing the freaks to pour through the now open doorway.

Oh shit, no, no, no. Not now, not this.

I screamed from the shock, everyone else was still running towards a door that was open, it showed the back of a box truck.

I watched as everyone climbed in and the truck drove away.

Shit, this is bad.

I climbed back up a flight of stairs and closed the door behind me.

Why couldn't everything just happen as planned?

I felt a stray tear slip down my face.

"Get yourself together Jessica." I mumbled to myself, wiping the tear away and clearing my throat.

I still had the bag on my back so I set it down and opened it, not finding what I had hoped for.

Only clothes filled the bag, of coarse it didn't have food or water in it.

The door started to give way to all the dead weight, poo. Now I have to find a way to get away from them. Without getting myself killed in the process.

A window! Perfect, let's hope a fence isn't under it, with my luck I would jump out and get empaled.

I quickly looked over the edge.

Luckily only green, over grown grass littered the bottom. And it was only a two story drop, so I shouldn't hurt myself.

I through the duffle bag on the hard ground beneath me and took a deep breath.

A yelp left my lips as I jumped out of the window.

I landed on the duffle bag perfectly.

"Okay, now I have to find a way to rick" I whispered to myself.

I started my paced walk down the now cleared streets as I lost my train of thought.

A car alarm started blaring and heading right towards me.

I turned around to see a red car stop abruptly next to me.

As the window rolled down a sigh left my lips.

"Get in blondie." Glenn called over the loud noise.

I waisted no time in jumping in the passenger side.

I threw my arms around Glenn's shoulders tightly.

"I thought I was a goner." I whispered.

"I could never leave a nurse behind." I said smiling down at me.

"How did you know I was a nurse?" I asked getting back into my own seat.

"You still have scrubs on." He said matter-a-factly.

"Oh, whoops." I muttered Embarrassed.

"Plus, I've saved your ass once already, I wasn't going to put that to waist." He chuckled as he sped forward towards..... Where ever we were going.