Chapter 21

Jessica's POV
I woke up in Amy's tent.

"Morning." She whispered in a tired voice.

"Morning." I whispered back, stretching.

"Let's go get some breakfast." Amy suggested, putting her shoes on.

"Sounds good." I said, putting my boots on and putting my hair into a French braid.

When we stepped out, rick, carol, dale, Lori, Shane, and Carl were already by the fire eating.

"Morning ladies." Dale welcomed smiling.

"Morning dale." Amy said smiling back.

I nodded in his direction.

I don't know why I sat there, but I sat down in between rick and carol.

"How's you sleep?" Carol asked hopefully.

"Not as good as I thought I would." I answered honestly.

"This is stupid. Just come back to our tent." Rick told me.

"She doesn't have to." Carol threatened.

"Jessica. Please come talk to me, in private." Rick begged.

Carol and Amy shook their heads.

But disregarding them, I got up and nodded.

After we were a fair amount of distance away from the rest of the group we stopped.

"Jessica just listen. I love you, I love you more than anything in the world. And I'm.. I'm really, really sorry about the other night. I don't know what I was thinking. But I missed you last night, I couldn't sleep without you next to me." He took my hands and got on his knees.

"You're my everything, and I can't live without you." His eyes were pleading with me, and I saw how sorry he actually was.

"I believe you." I whispered.

His face lit up and he stood up and hugged me.

"But there's something we need to talk about." After I said that, his face fell.

"What.. What's wrong?" He asked scared.

"I can't do this. I can't keep dating you.. Or whatever this is. Not when your wife and kid are here. Please understand." I could feel myself tearing up.

"Is there somebody else?" He asked.

"No. This is just too much stress on me. I still love you Rick. I.. I just.." But I couldn't finish.

"Jessica. Please don't do this to me." Rick begged, I felt a tear slip down my face.

"I'm going to go take a walk." I whispered as me and rick walked in opposite directions.

I just walked, I had no idea where I was going.

I decided to sit down and think.

I sat against a tree and cried.

I couldn't stop crying. "Why do I do this to myself." I whispered silently.

"Cause you don't know what's good for you." A strong southern accent sounded from begin me.

I looked behind me to see Daryl.

"What happened?" He asked leaning against a tree that was across from me.

"Rick apologized, and I dumped him. And I don't know what to do now." I placed t head in my hands and took a deep breath.

"Do you want to go hunting with me? See as you're already out here? It helps get your mind off things." He offered.

I nodded as he put his hand out to help me up.

"Wanna use the crossbow?" He asked and I smiled.

He handed me the weapon an I lifted it up to look out the scope.

I looked around for a moment before I locked my eyes on a rabbit.

I took a deep breath and when I let it out, I fired. It hit the rabbit right in the head.

"Damn, where'd you learn to shoot like that?" Daryl asked amazed.

"My dad taught me when I was little." I said with a little laughter in my voice.

"Well you got a good eye." He complimented.

"Thanks redneck." I said, he smiled and walked towards the rabbit I had just shot.

"When I told rick we couldn't be together, he asked if there was anyone else." I said out loud.

"Ya?" Daryl wondered, pulling the arrow from the animal.

"And he asked what we did when we got separated, and I said we slept." I added.

"You feel guilty blondie?" He asked walking up to me.

"Well I feel bad for lying to him." I said.

"About there being someone else, or about we slept all night?" Daryl asked.

"I'm not sure." I whispered.

"You should feel bad." He told me.

"What? Why?" I asked confused.

"Cause there is someone else." He told my in a husky voice.

Then he pushed me against a tree and put his lips onto mine.

"What are you saying?" I asked, pulling away for only a moment.

"I'm saying, I'm your someone else." He whispered, kissing me down my neck.

--authors note--PLEASE READ--
What is going on???!!! Should I make Jessica and rick go back together soon? I mean, they are on the cover together. What do too guys think? COMMENT AND VOTE!! And also guys, you should read the other story I write on here, it's called That's The Tough Part