2

ROSE

The long tight wedding dress clung to my figure, and I was suffocating. 

The off-shoulder white dress showed my shoulders and neck, highlighting my collarbones.

My honey blonde hair was in a low-bun done by a professional. My makeup was light, a bit of mascara, to make my amber eyes stand out, and added lip gloss to my lips.

I was checking myself out in the mirror in front of me.

Single ladies by Beyonce was playing in the background of the empty private dressing room because I needed to lighten up the mood of my current situation.

I wouldn't be single anymore, or at least not on paper.

But I wasn't interested in dating. Last time I tried dating, my sister, Marcella, hooked up with the guy.

Two flies attract each other.

"All the single ladies, all the single ladies-" I stood in front of the mirror, singing to the song, even if I was about to marry Mr. Knight in fifteen minutes.

The makeup artist and hairstylist had left me alone, locking the door, because the bride wasn't supposed to run away.

I'm locked in the empty dressing room with no possible escape routes even if I was on the first floor of a church. 

The windows were locked and bulletproof. If I tried to make an attempt to run away, an alarm would go off, and I can't forget to mention the CCTV cameras.

My friends weren't even allowed to come inside. 

It was strictly off limits.

This proved the value and importance of the arranged marriage.

My father, Mr. Spencer, had made a secret deal with my future husband's father two years ago because of a feud occurring between the two families.

The Spencers and the Knights would reunite through a marriage, to stop an on-going family feud.

An arranged marriage I had no idea of, until my mother called me in the middle of the night, exactly forty hours ago, and announced that I was going to wed.

Marcella couldn't marry Mr. Knight, her ex-boyfriend because she was not a suitable bride.

But my parents also didn't want to marry off their gorgeous daughter who has a successful modeling career.

The tabloids love her, everybody loves her.

I would love to also love my sister, but she didn't want that, and made her bed to make my life a living hell.

I stopped singing to the song, staring at myself in the mirror, running the tips of my fingers on the lace of my white dress, which cost a fortune.

If I could choose to marry, I would never wear this dress, nor marry Mr. Knight.

You see, Mr. Knight isn't just my sister's ex-boyfriend, he was also my best friend because we had known each other since we were four.

Until one day, something changed and he started to ignore me, then proceeded to bully me.

My last year of high school was a living hell because of him. I was alone, and isolated, nobody wanted to be my friend because of him.

After I graduated, I moved far away and made a few friends, until I moved back a couple of months ago. 

"I never should have returned." I whisper to myself, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

Mr. Knight, who goes by the name of Damian Knight, is only a few months older than me, and my bet would be that he also doesn't want this marriage to happen.