5

ROSE

After the nine-hour flight, we arrived in Gran Canaria, and a private driver drove me straight to the hotel.

The moment I checked into my hotel room, I got an angry call from my father, who had heard from Marcella what I had done to Damian's back.

"Dad! You can't withdraw that much money from my trust fund!" I argued with him through the phone I bought the moment I landed, and put my old Sim-card in the phone.

"I already have. You need to be disciplined!" My father yelled.

"What about Marcella? Why am I the only one who always needs to be punished?" I ask him, biting around my nails.

"She's a kind and well-mannered girl." My father responded.

"Then what am I?" The phone pressed harshly on my ear while I paced back and forth in the hotel room.

"You're-"

"Awful, ugly, a useless thing? Is that what you were going to say?" I interrupted him, biting the flesh on the side of my finger.

"You were a princess ever since you were born, Rosie, and you have gotten spoiled over the years." My father scolded me.

"I understand that it must have been hard for you when Marcella entered our lives, and you had to share your spotlight as a mafia princess." He added.

But that wasn't the truth, before Marcella, my older brothers took all the spotlight as mafia princes.

We were the children of Marco Spencer, an American-Italian mafia boss, who has over the years expanded his business in America with the help of the Knight Family.

I hung up the phone, before throwing it on the bed.

I was pacing back and forth in the hotel room, the sun shining in my eyes because Damian had given me other rules.

I wasn't allowed to go outside, I had to stay inside the hotel for two weeks. I wasn't allowed to go to the beach, go shopping, or take a walk outside the hotel.

His plan had been to lock me inside the hotel room. Bodyguards were already stationed outside my door if I tried to leave the hotel.

The balcony had the view of the entire island, the beautiful sea was in front of me, but I wasn't allowed to go outside.

If I was back home, I would be delighted, all I needed was my bed and a good book, but I was on a beautiful island, trapped and locked.

I put on my wireless headphones, and put on Supermodel by Måneskin on loop.

I was done pacing around, and stared at the open balcony door. I walked on the balcony, and looked down, if I fell down I would die on the spot.

"You can do this." I say to myself, stepping over the balcony, and landing my feet on the slight edge while gripping tightly into the balcony.

If I let go now I would die falling down.

I carefully went to the side, climbing down the edges, using all of my body strength because I was running away one way or another.

There was nothing stopping me.

"Mrs. Knight, please come back!" A guard had run out into the balcony, and begged me, reaching out his hand, but I was far out of his reach.

The guards were trying to reason with me while I was climbing down with the help of the edges of the hotel structure, or else I wouldn't have done it.

I slightly looked down as there was a large pool covering the ground, and many people were pointing and staring at me.

A few of the hired guards were already on the ground, preparing to catch me if I fell down with the help of a life net.

The music was blasting in my ears, and I was singing along with the song.

I had no idea how long it had taken me to climb down, but I was halfway there.

On the ground I could make out the figure of Damian Knight, beside him was Marcella.

Now I don't want to climb down anymore.

I climbed on the sides, passing people's balconies, while the guards on the ground ran after me with a life net.

I didn't hate the guards, they were only doing their jobs, but I hated to be trapped and locked.

If I had stayed in the hotel room, I would have bitten my nail off along with my finger.

"Princess! If you don't come down, I will climb up to you." Damian's voice was loud because I could hear it through my headphones.

"You're a pussy, and you would never dare." I yelled back, closer to the ground than I was before.

I glanced down, and Damian had begun to climb after me while Marcella protested, crying and falling to her knees.

He didn't stop, he climbed like he was catching his prey.

I started to laugh, I couldn't stop, and when he was near me.

I let go off the edges, and fell down. It all happened in a split of a second.

My back collided with the water of the pool, and I sank deep down into the water, surrounding myself to my fate.

But Damian Knight wouldn't let go of me so easily.

He hadn't tortured me enough.