11

ROSE

I was walking through the large city streets, through the crowd on the sidewalk, wrapping my coat tighter around me while people didn't spare me a glance.

It was dark, almost night, but the city was alive and awake.

Oblivion by grimes was blasting in my wireless earphones I had put on my ears, after I ran out of the charity gala.

I didn't go to Perry like I planned, I tried, but he wasn't home and didn't pick up my calls, and this meant that he was out studying for his exam.

I didn't want to bother him by searching after him.

Instead, I allowed myself to be lost by the music in my ears because I had nobody else to turn to, my other friends Kiara and Eli were in Malta, partying all night long.

I wish I could have come with them, but I wasn't allowed to travel far without my father's or Damian's permission.

If I tried, they would withdraw more money from my trust fund.

Out of the corner of my eye, someone caught my attention. It was a person following me through the crowd, and they had been for the past hour.

I thought I was imagining it after what had happened in the restroom, but I wasn't.

I picked up my pace, and so did the other person, even if I was among people that meant nothing, too many things happened in the city for people to care.

The person, who looked very similar to Marcella's friend, picked up the pace, and started running through the crowd, pushing people away.

The charity gala must have ended about an hour ago, and It wouldn't come as a shock if Marcella's friend sought revenge, he was always a creep ever since high school.

I could do nothing about it when Marcella's friend harassed me, wanting to get his dick wet because of a bet, he and Marcella had made in high school, to get into my pants, and he hadn't succeeded, never would.

I told my father about Marcella's friend, but he told me to wear a longer skirt, or dress.

I didn't even understand why I tried asking him for help, he never cared about me in the first place.

I began to run through the crowd, running without looking back, past people who either glared at me or told me to watch out.

Tears were falling down my face, my mascara was slightly smeared on my eyes and down my cheeks, while I ran as fast my legs could take me.

Adrenaline was rushing through my blood, and I didn't even catch my own breath as I ran through the crowd, running left, and the person did the same.

I turned right into another street, but Marcella's friend ran after me, following me no matter how many turns I took.

If anybody thought I could run to a store for help or ask a person, they wouldn't help me. Marcella's friend could make up a story of being my boyfriend, that had happened once.

It was after school, he had followed me, and I tried asking for help, but the owners of the store ignored me when Marcella's friend said that he was my boyfriend.

If it wasn't for one of my friends, Eli, who had caught the sight of me and Marcella's friend, I don't know what would have happened that day.

"ROSIE!!!" Marcella's friend yelled through the crowd, and I ran faster, choking on my sobs.

I neared a five-star hotel, just as I passed by the hotel, for a moment I glanced back and saw Marcella's friend catching up with me, at that moment I ran into a hard chest.