28

ROSE

"Lev is here, what should we do?" Eli asked, looking between me and Perry.

"Are you ready to face him?" Perry turned his attention towards me.

"I don't know, I don't think so, especially not with Clarissa." I sighed.

I had no problem talking to Lev alone, but he brought Clarissa with him, and I didn't want to get into a fight with her or him.

But Perry knew what to do, when he placed a pillow on the floor behind the couch, and told me to sit down.

I carefully sat down on the floor as Perry gave me a blanket that I placed on my legs and baby bump, and leaned my back against the couch.

The couch covered me from somebody seeing me, especially those people who would enter through the front door, because the couch hid me.

At Perry's orders, Eli went to take a seat on the same couch I was hiding behind, in case of any signs of danger.

Afterward, Perry went to open the front door, and the sound of Lev's voice made me panic because what should I say to him if he saw me pregnant?

The thought made me place a hand on my belly, feeling protective of the twins.

Perry entered the living room again, while Lev and Clarissa followed him because I could hear her high heels echoing through the apartment.

They took a seat on the opposite couch, while Perry and Eli sat on the couch that I was hiding behind, listening into their conversation.

"To what do we owe the pleasure?" Perry asked Lev.

Then my best friend added, "And I didn't know you were expecting a child?"

Clarissa began to gush about her pregnancy, "I'm nine months pregnant, I can't wait to meet our baby girl-"

Lev told her to be quiet.

"Where is Rose?" Lev's deep voice made cuddle deeper into the blanket.

Perry put on his best act, and answered, "She's dead, she died two months ago."

"Are you sure?" Lev questioned.

"For fuck's sake, her body wasn't found, let her rest in peace." Perry told them with rage in his voice.

The room grew quiet, and nobody said a thing, as Lev didn't leave yet despite Perry's words.

Anus and Boner suddenly came to my side from the kitchen since they had been eating, one rested on my lap, and the other beside me.

"Is there someone behind that couch?" Lev asked Perry, and I drew a sharp breath in as tension grew inside the living room.

"Nobody is there, except the cats." Perry looked behind the couch, at me, but he turned his attention back to Lev.

Lev stood up from the couch, but so did Perry and Eli, stopping him.

"If nobody was hiding behind the couch, then you wouldn't have tried to stop me," Lev says, sitting down on the couch.

Busted.

"I won't go behind the couch, but please tell me if she's alive." Lev begged them, sounding defeated.

"Why would you want to know? Haven't you moved on with Clarissa?" Perry asks.

"I will explain about my situation, but I beg you, please tell me if she's alive..." Lev begged them again.