50

LEV

I came back from New York after paying Marcella Spencer a visit, and delivered her a bloody message.

Now I was back in Russia with a steaming phone in my hand because I never stopped trying to reach her. 

I was never a desperate man who got attached to people, or who desired to marry for the sake of love without any benefits, but for Rose, I was a lunatic.

I thought gunshots wounds in the chest were extremely painful, but this ache inside my chest was far worse than anything I had ever experienced.

Even when I got sent to a school abroad that mentored young heirs that belonged to families from crime organizations, I went through inhumane training, day and night, but I survived.

But I don't think I could survive this ache that I was experiencing deep within my chest, it was like a hole had been engraved in the middle of my chest, and the only one who could heal the wound was her.

But the one who had created the wound in my chest had been me, I had done it all by myself because I left her without any explanation.

The worst thing about it all had to be how she had felt. 

If I was feeling this kind of agonizing pain, then how did she feel when I left her?

That mere thought drove me insane, and I was truly paying the price for my actions.

"The person you are calling cannot accept calls at this time."

I had rummaged through Ivan's phone and had found Rose's new phone number, I tried calling her, but I was always left to voicemail.

I had prayed that she got the message I left for her from Marcella Spencer's baby shower because there was no other way to find her or reach her. 

It was like she had been erased from existence.

100... 101... 102... 103... 104... 104... 105... And she still did not pick up my calls.

No matter how much I tried to call her throughout the night as I laid in our bed, she never once picked up her phone. 

Even as I sat in the car while I had been heading to a restaurant to meet my cousin, Nina, Rose never answered my call.

"The person you are calling cannot accept calls at this time."

After failing to reach her, Nina had called me to go to have lunch with her at a restaurant at the top of a skyscraper in the middle of the city, and we met up.

"You look horrible," Nina comments as she eats the piece of steak that was on her plate.

"I feel disgusting for what I did to Rose," I admit, as all I wanted to do was to be in her arms, to be by her side, but I had thrown that away.

"As you should," Nina says, eating another slice from her steak as she glanced out the window that had a view overlooking the entire city, which was covered in snow.

"How do I win her back? Do you think she would take me back? Fuck, the twins must already be born," I grumbled to myself, while drinking red wine from my wine glass.

"You are thirty-seven years old, but you remind me of a young child. You were always composed and mature since you were young, and I always admired that about you, even looked up to you, but I'm shocked that you can act like an immature child." She elaborates her thoughts about me.

"Instead of running away from the woman who was pregnant with your children, you could have explained your situation to her, she would have understood, at least in my opinion she would have understood, so why did you not tell her the truth from the start? Did you not trust her enough?"