18

Trigger warning: Suicide attempt.

ROSE

(Part two of Flashback - three months ago.)

"Rose..." Lev's voice was merely a whisper.

He closed the door to his office, standing and staring at me in confusion.

"Don't tell me that was you.." His gaze wandered back and forth, between me and the desk he had fucked me on.

When those words left his lips, someone knocked on the door, and he told them to enter.

A petite but attractive woman entered the office. The moment her eyes landed on Lev, she bowed her head in respect.

Lev helplessly stared at me because the truth had been thrown into his face.

He ordered the woman to leave, the one who was supposed to be his hookup.

She left without saying a word, closing the door behind her, and we were left alone.

After the woman left, Lev locked the office door, because we were going to have a serious talk.

"Is it that bad that it had been me?" I ask him, leaning against the closed bathroom door, or else I would fall apart.

"Yes." His answer crushed me, but you reap what you sow.

"You're a beautiful girl, but you shouldn't have done that." He added, as he stood across the room, far out of my reach.

"I know, but I wanted to be held by you just once," I say, sounding like a love sick person, and I was.

There were no excuses for what I had done.

"Why did you do it?" Lev questioned, his voice grew cold, a tone he had never spoken with me before.

"I... I love yo-" I was interrupted because someone knocked on the door again.

Lev ignored them, he had his attention on me, but the person on the other side wouldn't budge, especially when they called out for him, and I knew who it was.

A person he couldn't ignore because their past bound them together.

He unlocked the door and a woman strode in confident steps, throwing her arms around him.

"Lev, I tried calling you hundreds of times, but you didn't answer." Ana tells him after she pulls away.

"I was busy." Lev's voice softened because she was Layla's mother. The mother of the daughter Lev had tragically lost.

They had been married once, many years ago, and divorced shortly after they lost Layla.

It had been an arranged marriage with responsibilities, not love, but the loss of their daughter was heavy to carry alone, so they turned to each other in moments of grief.

"We need to hurry, if we want to make it." Ana ordered him.

Her eyes followed Lev because he glanced at me, and she turned around towards me, her auburn locks laid effortlessly on her chest, and her pine green eyes examined me from head to toe.

"Lev, what did I say about bringing one of your whores into the home?" She says, shaking her head in disapproval.

But he didn't correct her, and she wasn't far from the truth. I became his whore the moment I decided to get fucked on the desk.

I wasn't his lover, girlfriend, wife or friend? But what was I to him? A girl who desperately needed a father figure.

He had been a father figure to me, but I had fallen for that, fallen deep and hard, while he couldn't return my feelings.